PDA

View Full Version : Q9o in the BB

chim17
02-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Party 2/4, literally the first hand that I sat down at the table.

Hero is dealt Q9o in the BB, suits are unimportant for this hand. 3 limpers to me and I call.

The flop comes 7 3 9 rainbow. SB bets out, I think a second and raise (Top pair, playable kicker and want to thin the field). 1 caller and then the SB reraises. I opt just to call and see the turn because I got real worried of a low set at this point.

Turn comes Q completing the rainbow. I hit my two pair, but I was still worried about the set. However, I was wondering if SB came in with a K9 or A9. He bets into me, and I raise deciding to see how much he likes it with an overcard on the board now. Remaining player folds, and SB reraises me. I think a bit and call as I don't want to fold my two pair.

River is a J. He bets, I call.

Results later, comments on all streets appreciated I'm a bit unsure on every street.

SpaceAce
02-08-2004, 11:34 PM
I would have raised the flop, too, and called the reraise. Your action on the turn depends on the player. Not knowing anything about the player and considering that he was the small blind, I am inclined to think he has something like 97 instead of a set. If he's normally very passive, I call him down. Otherwise, I put in the raise on the turn. When he reraises you on the turn, you have a clear call down on your hands unless you are 100% certain the turn raise can only be a set.

SpaceAce