PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision, fold, raise or call?

gaylord focker
02-08-2004, 08:44 PM
20-40 Commerce. One loose limper to me in the cutoff and I raise with AQ, suits unimportant. Button, weak tight BB, and limper called.

Flop:7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checked, limper checked, I bet,button folded, and other two called. The BB had his cards hidden and somehow I didnt realize he was in the hand. If I had been aware there were 4 to this flop I likely would have also checked. Anyhow, I have no plans of firing again on the turn.

Turn:A /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, limper bets, your move.

Manzanita
02-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Gaylord,

I think that you can raise the limper with the intention of folding if either opponent 3-bets. If the weak-tight BB calls two cold I may just check behind on the river assuming you fail to improve.

-- Manzanita

Kevin J
02-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Raise! And if re-raised, raise again!

You might be against a maniac. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

elysium
02-08-2004, 10:02 PM
hi gay
i don't like the call by the BB. you'll have to call the turn when normally you could raise. if the BB check-raises, you can fold.

he has trips. if you don't improve on the river, check it down if you can. you can never fold in this situation though. not even weak tight BB's are so tight that you aren't getting reasonable odds. and don't raise to find out where you're at. when he calls on the flop, the BB is telling you that he has what ever the board is representing. why not fold? because you want to keep the BB just like he is. folding will only make him bluff occasionally and you don't want that. so call, don't raise, and don't show if you don't have to. call it down. of course, if it comes back to you 2 cold, fold.

chesspain
02-08-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the call by the BB...he has trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many different hands containing a 7 are there with which a weak-tight player would call a raise in the BB?

Vaughn
02-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Raise the limper on the turn. If he doesn't go back at you, bet the best hand on the river (I think AQo). If the blind gets involved after your raise, bet the river on a non-threat straight card.

Just my thoughts,

Vaughn

Clarkmeister
02-09-2004, 02:25 AM
Call me Mason, but I just don't see the motivation to raise here. There aren't any real draws here and if you are in the lead, you have them drawing extemely thin, so call. You probabaly don't mind the 3rd player coming along. Call the river, and if checked to, bet. This is IMO a fairly routine hand.

gaylord focker
02-09-2004, 04:40 AM
I didn't even think about raising. Actually I really wanted to fold. I figured the limper knew there was a good chance I had a big ace, but he bet into me anyway. He was a pretty loose, bad, straightforward player, and probably wouldnt lead out with a bad ace. The BB's flop call also bothered me. He doesn't take cards off, so I figured if I did call, there was a decent chance it was going to come back forty more to me. So I called, the BB check raised the limper called and I folded. The BB had 99 for a flopped full house. The limper had A7, which was 7's full of aces on the turn. Maybe my hand was too big to lay down, but I really felt like I was beat, and I was.

Noo Yawk
02-09-2004, 09:59 AM
I think you played this hand fine.