PDA

View Full Version : AQo at Stars 2/4

BugsBunny
02-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Stars 2/4 10 handed
Hero is EP3 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
opponent is a weak player. VPIP is about 50%.

UTG fold, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 cold-calls, rest fold.

HU to the flop (5.5 SB)
Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, MP3 calls

Turn (3.75 BB): 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Hero bets? MP3 calls

River (5.75 BB): 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif [6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]]

Your move?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-08-2004, 08:03 PM
It looks like he may have been on the missed draw as well. However, he may also have a weak pair. I'd probably bet and fold to a raise.

chim17
02-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Generally I find that I can't get these people to fold the pot. In this situation it's entirely up to your read. I would very often bet out trying to take it down, but some players just will not fold, and this is certainly not a value bet.

Catch of the Day
02-08-2004, 09:17 PM
I would check fold. He could have been drawing to a decent spade but there are so many other possibilies, all of which you are behind on...

To me he looks he has a K, and is planning on calling down. If he has K(x of spades) then he will call down as well.

If he has a Medium/low Pocket pair with any spade, he would would call down here and the cc pre-flop could indicate that.

He might have had some sort or weird sraight draw. You said he was weak so he could been have cold called with some suited connectors. The hands a weak player might CC pre-flop and then attempt to draw out with on that flop are[67s, 68s, 46s,] If this was the case, then you are behind because the turn or river either gave him a pair, or completed his straight. I dont think this is likely though as you would of heard from a pair/straight on the turn. Yeah actually this is very unlikely because he would of most likely folded to a bet on the flop, ant thats in the unlikely situation he did call 2 bets with one of those hands. So dont think about that...

I mean it really depends on your feel for your oponent. He could be planning on calling down with a lot of hands that beat you. In betting the river in this situation you hope to accomplish one of two things: A) You want a worse hand to call. B) You want a better hand to fold. I dont think in this situation a better hand is folding. If you bet and he calls you loose, if you check he checks, you basically only with if he was on a busted spade Draw. If you check and he bets you can walk away. This pot is too small to fight over. Check and if he bets, let it go.

BugsBunny
02-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Should have done what you said /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I bet, he called

He showed K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the pot was his.

I really have to tighten up on AQo - it's costing me money at the moment (AQs on the other hand is a nice moneymaker). Some of it has been just bad luck, but some of it is me overplaying the hand - like in this instance.

chesspain
02-08-2004, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Generally I find that I can't get these people to fold the pot. In this situation it's entirely up to your read. I would very often bet out trying to take it down, but some players just will not fold, and this is certainly not a value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine that...opponents not folding heads-up when they actually have a better hand than A-high /images/graemlins/wink.gif

chim17
02-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Ya ya, so my eloquence can use some work /images/graemlins/wink.gif