PDA

View Full Version : J6s out of the SB

BugsBunny
02-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Stars 2/4 currently playing 7 handed
CO and CO-1 post up

Hero gets J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO-1 checks, CO checks, BT folds, Hero completes, BB checks

5 to the flop (10 SB)
Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, BB raises, UTG cold calls, CO-1 cold calls, CO cold calls

Your move.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-08-2004, 08:11 PM
First things first, I'd probably muck this preflop getting 7:1.

I'd probably call and lead the turn if a third diamond fell. If the turn's a blank, I'd check-call. I think this is a tough one to lay down - you may be drawing dead, ut the pot is offering you quite a large overlay at this point.
I wouldn't push this hand too hard on the turn or river even if I make my flush.

BugsBunny
02-08-2004, 08:58 PM
The 2 known players are weak. The 2 new players are almost certainly weak (posting up at a 7 handed game?). This change how you view this?

Oh - I *always* complete suited cards in the SB.

BugsBunny
02-09-2004, 02:58 AM
I re-raised the flop. Both as a semi-bluff and a value bet. I was really pretty sure that the flush would be good if it hit.

Anyway - all called. So we have 5 to the turn for 10 BB.

Hero: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif [4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

Hmm - I've now picked up the OESD to go with my flush draw.

Hero bets, BB and CO-1 call

River (13 BB): 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [7 /images/graemlins/club.gif [4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]]

Hero bets, both call

Comments? Anybody care to try and guess my opponents hands?

Clarkmeister
02-09-2004, 03:02 AM
You played it well from start to finish. A big part of the reason you 3-bet the flop isn't just for value, its also to ensure that when you bet the turn when the flush misses (and you should ALWAYS bet the turn) it goes through for only 1 bet and not 2.

bicyclekick
02-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Hmmm that's very interesting clarkmeister. I've never thought about that.

Learn somehting new every day. Thanks man.

BugsBunny
02-09-2004, 03:54 AM
BB shows Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the pair of 5's
CO-1 shows J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif for a pair of T's

BugsBunny
02-09-2004, 04:02 AM
I *do* always bet the turn when the flush misses. Glad I'm getting that right /images/graemlins/smile.gif I never conciously thought about the fact that a reraise (or raise for that matter) helps ensure that the turn goes for only 1 bet - but subconciously I think I've always been aware of it. Makes lots of sense.

Thanks