PDA

View Full Version : Good spot for the call/reraise?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Party .5/1, loose-passive.

Dealt 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG+1.

UTG folds, I openlimp, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, button limps, SB folds, BB checks. 5 to the flop for 2.75BB.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I call with 3 left to act behind me, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, button raises. BB calls, I reraise, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, button caps, BB folds, I call.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, button bets, I call.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, button bets, I call.

Results in white: <font color="white"> Button flips over Ah9h and takes it down. </font>

spamuell
02-08-2004, 07:00 PM
What made you think someone behind was going to raise?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-08-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What made you think someone behind was going to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. I decided going for overcalls would be more profitable than raising on the flop. When it came back raised to me, I decided the pot was big enough and it was time to maximize my chance of taking it down.

surfdoc
02-08-2004, 08:34 PM
I know someone else will say this (they almost always do) but I think this is a fold preflop. Even in a loose passive game you may get popped PF and have to play out of position for the rest of the hand. I think if you were confident that you would get multiple limpers then okay, but usually you can't get this promised even from .5/1 Party. Otherwise, I don't see any reason not to play it the way you did. I have had nearly all my slowplays cracked lately, but usually (this hand included) it won't make a difference. At this limit everyone calls anyway once they even get a whiff of a made hand.

thirddan
02-08-2004, 09:56 PM
i probably would have raised the flop, i don't really like slowplaying here because of straight draws, though unlikely i still like letting people in for only one bet. Also, not sure why you check/called this one down...I would have raised the turn at least becuase i have picked up extra flush outs...

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-09-2004, 01:58 AM
When he capped the flop, I was quite sure he had the case 9. Also, I didn't like my kicker. I'm not sure if a turn raise would have been +EV heads-up, but it is an option I should have considered.