PDA

View Full Version : Was I right to raise?

BIGRED
02-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Lot_2_Learn has Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP3

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, Lot_2_Learn(poster) checks, Button raises, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, Lot_2_Learn(poster) calls

Flop(9 1/2 SB): 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP1 checks, EP2 checks, Lot_2_Learn checks, Button bets, EP1 calls, EP2 folds, Lot_2_Learn raises, Button folds, EP1 folds

Was I right to raise here?
What would you have done if you were reraised?

Fortunately, everyone folded, but was this a good play?

I wanted to stay in the hand because I still had 2 overcards (Q, K) and a T to make straight, but I didn't want to just call, so I said what da heck, let me see what happens if I raise... and voila, everyone folded. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bunky9590
02-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Ballsy play.

I would probably lead at the flop as a semibluff (2 overcards and a gutshot)

The checkraise really chased them out though.
Nicely done.

BIGRED
02-08-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ballsy play.

I would probably lead at the flop as a semibluff (2 overcards and a gutshot)

The checkraise really chased them out though.
Nicely done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the result was in my favor, but I wonder how many here would have played it the way I did or if your suggestion is the preferred approach.

Mike Gallo
02-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Pre flop if you plan on playing the hand you would almost always want to raise in that spot. I would have raised preflop.

Well timed check raise. It worked out this time in the future it might not. If you had hearts I would like the play a little more.

Mike Gallo
02-08-2004, 10:52 PM
but I wonder how many here would have played it the way I did

I would guess not that many. /images/graemlins/confused.gif