PDA

View Full Version : Making a losing bet with Party Live Help

MS Sunshine
02-08-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm in a one table sat and have taken a couple of blinds with my stack(about$700) at 4:15EST my $215 tournament comes up and the White windows of Death come with it. I close out Party and log back in. My $215 tournament comes up and it tries to take me back to my $26 one table. No Go, it says contact support. Below is my chat with Live Help(LOL). After talking with Live Help for 1/2 an hour, there's a chance that if I logged out again right here and logged back in I might have gotten my seat back, but by that time in the chat I was already out(lobby window showed my chips being blinded away).

Now, either they should show in the little box, where they show I should contact support, that I should log out and try logging in again, OR they should fix the bug that will not let you back on to a table when you ARE connected to the server and other games.

When I first went to click on Live Help I knew I was making a losing bet. There was no chance they would answer me, know what to do without checking with someone or have the right info for my problem in the 5-10 minutes that would have made a any chance of me getting back in my table in time. So, thru the 30-40 minutes of having someone explain to me how to click on "take me to my seat", I've been having problems in this area over the last few hundred thousand hands at Party, and play a $215 tournament at the same time, I was not a happy camper.

I'm not quitting Party, the games are too good and I do well there, but their support, and their never getting long-standing software bugs fixed, and their "it isn't our fault we aint giving you [censored] policy even if it's our fault", blows.

MS Sunshine

TaintedJack:I'm in $2000K sunday qualifer # 147860 and it will not take me to the table
TaintedJack:4:20est
TaintedJack:I'm on your servers and it will not let me on the table
TaintedJack:why should I pay $26 for these if YOUR software will not let me on the table when I'm connected to your servers?
TaintedJack:I don't mind taking my chances with an intertnet problem, but when it is your software not letting me play I shouldn't lose my money.
TaintedJack:Hello
TaintedJack:is anyone there?
Anil: Thank you for holding. Anil has joined this chat session.
Anil:Welcome to our Live chat feature.
Anil:Please allow me to look into this for you and please hold on.
Anil:Please logout and login and you will be taken to the table.
TaintedJack:my money is already gone and I'm in a $215 tournament now
TaintedJack:it's been 17 minutes waiting her3e for help
TaintedJack:I did log out then back in
TaintedJack:I lost$27 because of your software
TaintedJack:$26
TaintedJack:hello?
Anil:Sorry but we see that you are still in the tournament, please clcik on take a seat and you will be taken to the tournament.
Anil:We see that there is no problem at our end.
TaintedJack:I'm out of the tournament just look at the table in question
TaintedJack:well I see a problem
TaintedJack:your software would not take me to the table
TaintedJack:that is a problem right?
TaintedJack:I'm connected to Party, I'm playing in another tournament and the software will not take me back to my one table tournament
Anil:Please allow me to look into this for you and please hold on.
TaintedJack:I wait for help from you which takes all the time needed to lose all my chips
TaintedJack:17 minutes in a one table that usually takes 50-55 minutes from start to finish
TaintedJack:is alot of time
TaintedJack:I did clich on the take a seat
TaintedJack:It told me it couldn't take me to the table and I should contact you
TaintedJack:that was 23 minutes ago
Anil:You just have to logout and login and you will be able to get seated on to the table.
TaintedJack:I don't think I should lose $26 when your software will not let me onto the table when I'm connected to your servers
TaintedJack:No it didn't and my money is already gone
TaintedJack:I DID log 0out and get back on
Anil:Sorry but we see that you have not logged out of the chat also.
TaintedJack:doing it now will stop me from talking to you and explaining my pro blem but the
TaintedJack:yes
TaintedJack:BUT I"M NOT IN THE TOURNAM<ENT NOW
Anil:Sorry but please understand that when ever you are in a tournament and got disconnected you just have to logout and login and you will be taken to the table directly.l
TaintedJack:I DID LOG OUT ONCE AND IYT DIDN"T LET ME BACK ON THE TABLE
Anil:Yes I checked that out and you are out of the tournament.
TaintedJack:why should I log out now?
Anil:You just have to click on "take a seat"
Anil:and you will be taken to the table.
TaintedJack:really I'm out of the toyurnament?
TaintedJack:I know how to take a seat
TaintedJack:I did that and it didn't take me to the seat
TaintedJack:that is why I'm talking to you
Anil:Ok We shall look into the complete details and update you on this.
TaintedJack:it is a 1/2 hour later and I wish to get $26 for your software not letting me back on the table when I was connected to the Party servers
Anil:We need to look into this and update you on this.
TaintedJack:ty
Anil:You are welcome.
Anil:Have a good Day.
TaintedJack:Ill expect an email
Anil:Sure

AleoMagus
02-08-2004, 07:13 PM
This happens now and then with Party and they know about it, whatever they are telling you. Additionally, they will refund your tournament entry if you email them (as I have done twice now). I usually include a hand history pointing out which hand I was disconnected on.

The other day, I called the help line immediately, and they knew exactly what I was talking about and what to do about it. You need to log out, sever your internet connection, connect again, and then log back in. For those like me with cable internet, the easiest option is to shutdown and restart your computer. In this way, you will not miss more than a couple hands. Just logging off and then logging in again (like they always suggest first) does not work.

Regards,
Brad S

TimM
02-08-2004, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those like me with cable internet, the easiest option is to shutdown and restart your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about going to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Network Connections (or right click My Network Places and choose properties), right click on your connection and choose disable, then right click again and choose enable. Would that work?

Legend27
02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
It wasn't just your table that crashed...I was watching the final table of the saturday 200k gauranteed $200+15 tourney and there were 6 tables left and the same thing happened to me. I went to the tournament lobby and tried to watch the table but it would not reopen and it said to talk to customer support. I didn't have any money involved so I didn't waste my time with that.

AleoMagus
02-08-2004, 09:16 PM
uh....sure? Maybe? lol. I don't know, shutting down is just what she told me on the phone. She seemed to emphasize severing my internet connection so sounds like you might be right.

Regards,
Brad S

Jackal22
02-08-2004, 09:37 PM
The easiest way to sever a cable connection is usually just to unplug the cable modem. For me, the cable modem boots and connects faster than restarting my computer. Restarting my computer takes forever (waiting for the RAID to initialize, etc.).

TimM
02-09-2004, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The easiest way to sever a cable connection is usually just to unplug the cable modem. For me, the cable modem boots and connects faster than restarting my computer. Restarting my computer takes forever (waiting for the RAID to initialize, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be a very bad idea for some people. Some cable modems can take a long time to reconnect. I have a separate battery backup just for my cable modem and router just to avoid this. Also during power outages I can boot up the laptop and stay online for hours. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

aces961
02-09-2004, 03:55 AM
If you have windows XP you should be able to either disable/enable the network connection in the control panel. Also if that doesn't work, logging off windows and then logging back on should reset your internet connection as well.

Jackal22
02-09-2004, 03:56 AM
What about just unplugging the network cable and plugging it back in? Of course that only works if at least one end of it is easily accessible.

krazyace5
02-09-2004, 04:41 AM
I had this same exact problem a week or two ago, the "live" helptook forever to answer and both people from customer service were terrible, I did send an email to them though and even though they did not admit responsibility I got my money back. I would email them and see where it goes from there, you can tell them the exact thing happened to me if you want, that might help them understand it is their software problem and not the users supposed ineptness. Hope everything works out.

MicroBob
02-09-2004, 07:05 AM
are you sure you successfully and properly clicked on 'seat open'??
you may not be aware that you are unable to sit at the table unless you click 'seat open'.
please go back and try again. i am sure you will find that the option of clicking 'seat open' will solve this problem for you.
is there anything else i can help you with today??

MS Sunshine
02-13-2004, 10:47 AM
"TaintedJack:Ill expect an email
Anil:Sure"

When pigs grow wings and fly.

MS Sunshine

MS Sunshine
02-13-2004, 06:46 PM
As per our records we see that you were disconnected while playing in $200K Sunday Qualifier 147860. However this was a disconnection due to your Internet Service Provider and not from PartyPoker.coms end. All the other players at this table were able to play without any problems.

Groan

However as a gesture of goodwill we have gone ahead and refunded you with the $26 for this tournament.

Problem solved.

MS Sunshine