PDA

View Full Version : Hold your breath and bet. (2/4 UB)

bunky9590
02-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Typical 2/4 UB (this one is a little less aggressive)

I played this one a little aggressively, I had no rep with the entire table, though 3 players I have played with before were not in this hand.

Bunky is in the BB with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
and knuckles after 2 limpers and SB complete. 4 to the flop.

Flop comes: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, Bunky (Holds his breath) and bets, MP and button call, SB folds.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (about as good of a blank as I could hope for)
Bunky (holds breath again) and bets, MP and Button both call. (God I hope they are on draws)

River: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 str8 on board)
Bunky (now closes eyes, and holds breath and bets) MP and button fold.

Too crazy?
I felt really relieved when they both folded.
When I bet the flop it was more for info than anything, when they called I decided to represent the raggedy flush.

Anybody wanna rip?

greenage
02-08-2004, 08:00 PM
you shouldn't close your eyes and hold your breath, you might pass out. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

ni han

BugsBunny
02-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Bet until someone tells you to stop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-08-2004, 08:05 PM
This one's tough, because if there's another K out there, it'll be just as scared of that flop as you.

I'd probably check/call the flop and lead the turn if a non-diamond non/A fell.

bunky9590
02-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Yeah pretty scary flop. I tried to buy it with a flop bet, both called. Figured draws, either QJ or lone diamond. Turn bet as auto matic, they might fold there, no not quite.

I don't think I can show weakness on the river,(at 2/4 UB there are players that would try the steal) so I had to give it one last shot with K no kicker right?

Trix
02-09-2004, 08:10 AM
I dont think anyone would call you with a worse hand or fold a better one, so I would prefer checkcalling the river to induce a bluff.
What would you have done if the either one of them had raised you on the flop or turn ?

bunky9590
02-09-2004, 08:12 AM
easy, fold

Webster
02-09-2004, 08:15 AM
YUP - I'd bet AND cross my fingers. Nobody is showing you strength AND they are as scared as you if they don't have it.

I've won plenty of hands I was SURE I was going to lose.

Trix
02-09-2004, 08:32 AM
You dont think any of them would raise with only one diamond, like Ad or Qd ?

bunky9590
02-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Possible, but they didn't.

Now, if they do raise, yeah it could be a semi bluff, but it could be a complete hand, theres really nothing in the pot and I'm in bad position with a weak hand against someone who showed aggression after I bet into him.

I repeat, Easy fold.