PDA

View Full Version : I have to share this hand...

OneStuckFish
02-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Last night we had our first home poker tournament on my newly finished poker table. We were down to 7 players with blinds at 800/1600. The buy in was $25 dollars. The payout was 50%, 30%, 20%. I had not played many hands until this point but got a free ride in the Big Blind with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The flop came 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Its heads up b/w me and one other guy that I know will bet into me. With the flush draw out and a flopped full house I check, hoping to let another club come off and make him his flush. He leads into me on the flop and I call. The next card off is the J /images/graemlins/club.gif. Perfect. Once again I check and he checks behind me. The river is a 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Though it pains me to do it again, I check and after thinking he bets out 2,000. I make a reraise of 10,000, nearly 1/4 of my stack at this point. After thinking a while. He calls. At this point Im Ill, b/c im wondering how much more he would have called, and if he has the Ace high flush I could have broke him right there and doubled thru to over 100k and been the chip leader. I flip over my 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He quietly turns over 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Yes, I gave him a flush alright, the straight flush. Funny thing was he didnt even realize it, he only noticed the straight, which is why he didnt reraise me all in on the river. I couldnt believe I had "trapped" a straight flush after flopping a full house, but in the end, I was very lucky to still have chips sitting in front of me.