PDA

View Full Version : Hand from SB- Too Agressive?

arfsananto
02-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Actually I think I did ok on this one, but as a wise man once said (paraphrased, and I wish I could remember who to give credit), you should also post hands that you think you did well on, cause you might not have played it as well as you think.

9-Handed, table loose/agressive, PokerStars .05/.10, Hero in SB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG fold, EP1 & EP2 limp, folded to Button who limps, Hero checks, BB checks; 5 to flop for 5 SB

Flop- J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked thru; 5 to Turn for 2.5 BB (I felt I didn't have the pot odds to bet the gutshot draw here, even with the backdoor flush draw. Was that wrong?)

Turn- 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif(J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

Hero bets, BB calls, EP1 raises, EP2 and Button call, Hero re-raises (should I have just called, with 2nd nut straight and a straight flush draw?), all call. 5 to turn for 17.5BB

River- J /images/graemlins/club.gif(J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Since EP1 did not cap the turn, I bet out.
Hero bets, BB folds, the rest call.

Thanks in advance for all input.

Results below.

EP1 showed Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Trix
02-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Looks good to me...
Turn 3Bet is good, even if you are behind you can still catch the flush on the river or maybe a king for the split.
Also you dont want to let 2pair or gutshots draw out on you cheaply.

riverunner
02-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I think you played alright. I might have just called on the river with the 2nd straight, but it depends on how this guy was playing previous hands.

arfsananto
02-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, its good to get confirmation on the ones you think you played right once in awile.