PDA

View Full Version : Posting Etiquette Question

arfsananto
02-08-2004, 01:59 PM
My time at the computer is erratic, and I sometimes post a hand and then am away from the computer for several hours or til the next day. So I am not always able to monitor and respond to posts quickly. Is this considered to be rude or annoying? Thanks for all input.

Trix
02-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Itīs ok with me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

arfsananto
02-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Cool! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Styles
02-08-2004, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My time at the computer is erratic, and I sometimes post a hand and then am away from the computer for several hours or til the next day. So I am not always able to monitor and respond to posts quickly. Is this considered to be rude or annoying? Thanks for all input.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you don't post the results it can be. Putting the results in white seems to be the preferred solution.

arfsananto
02-08-2004, 02:54 PM
I see what you mean...I've started posting them below the hand after a bunch of dots..kind of the same thing. Thanks.

Styles
02-08-2004, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see what you mean...I've started posting them below the hand after a bunch of dots..kind of the same thing. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

By leaving them in regular text you sort of spoil it for some of those that don't want to see the results yet.

My observation is that those people (that don't want to see the results before they analyze the hand) are usually the players that offer the best analysis.

IMHO it's worth putting your results in white to gain this analysis.

Generally, if you conform to the accepted hand posting norms you get alot more Q&Q of responses.

About 99% of that seems to be: post one hand per thread, use the 2+2 format and/or Slavic's handconverter, put the results in white at the end.

brian0729
02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
I think if you don't post the results it can be. Putting the results in white seems to be the preferred solution.

Hey Stylish,

The Major has brought this up already. I and many others agree that by putting the results in the original post can skew some posters advice because they already know the outcome.

I like waiting for a few hours before posting results. Just my $.02

Styles
02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hey Stylish,

The Major has brought this up already. I and many others agree that by putting the results in the original post can skew some posters advice because they already know the outcome.

I like waiting for a few hours before posting results. Just my $.02

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't feel putting them in the white addresses that (per my post below)?

brian0729
02-08-2004, 03:16 PM

Waiting for a while to post the results is a good thing. You get a chance to respond to the people who answered your original post. At the same time you are bumping the thread to the top of the list. Now most likely a new set of people get to see it and evaluate.

brian0729
02-08-2004, 03:23 PM
I definitley think it is better to put them in white rather than the ..... feature. But I also think people look at the results before formulating an opionion, then after seeing the results make a decision based on them.

arfsananto
02-08-2004, 04:02 PM