PDA

View Full Version : They told me I should have called....

Trix
02-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)-CO is Extremely LAG
Hero has 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 raises, MP1 3-bets, MP2 calls, CO caps, Button folds, Hero folds, BB folds, UTG folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Not to be result oriented but,
Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif

siccjay
02-08-2004, 11:11 AM
I don't think I would have either. Maybe from LP

Zetack
02-08-2004, 11:32 AM
You had to cold call 3.5 bets, you can only be sure of having three oponents, no chance to get any free cards later to make your set, out of position--I'd have folded.

At this point its what 13-3.5 on your call? Maybe some of the others come in and you are close to having the right implied odds. (the way it played out you would have had 20-3.5) Still, its going to be expensive to get into the hand and you are a huge favorite to just be folding it on the flop...you don't ever have to play a hand, ya know.

Nottom
02-08-2004, 11:38 AM
No way should you be calling 3.5 here ... good fold.

bunky9590
02-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Don't feel bad someting alost similar happened to me today @ 2-4 UB 6 max.

I'm on the button, with 88, UTG raises, UTG+1 three bets, (bothe decent not out of line players) I fold, blinds fold.

Flop comes AK8 (Great)

repeat 10 times, "it's all one big session"

bigjay
02-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I had a similar hand yesterday. I'm on the button with 66, four callers, I call, SB raises, BB 3-bets, fold, fold, cap, fold, I folded.

Flop: A-K-6

I'm thinking, could've been good but could've been behind KK or AA.

Turn: 6.

The pot was a monster one too with the turn and river capped two ways.

TBone
02-08-2004, 07:11 PM
No way I call there. You're almost certainly way behind when it's capped.

Nice flop though. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

T

GuyOnTilt
02-08-2004, 07:41 PM
If the table has gone really loose due to the LAG being, well, LAG, and the limpers are most likely all going to call due to the cappers loose standards, then I'd call the 3.5 SB's. If all limpers call, you'd be getting about 7:1 after the rake. If you think on average one of them will fold and the BB will as well, then you're getting a little over 6:1 after rake. Since the CO is LAG, you have very high implied odds here. I'd definitely call here if I think the limpers are coming along for the ride.

GoT

krazyace5
02-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Is it just me or have the table coaches been going wild lately? I have seen many giving tips, berating, telling players they coulda, shoulda, woulda?
I even saw one guy nicely berate another for not raisng against him on the river cause he woulda got one more bet out of him, you would think he woulda been glad he saved some money.
I just seem to see many more lately at the tables, what should I say to these "pro" coaches to shut them up without sounding like a dic k?