PDA

View Full Version : EmpirePoker VIP Club member..Your kidding me right?

Zwiggelte
02-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Your Current Status: Currently you are not a VIP member.
EPoints balance: 25
Last update : 2004-02-06

To become an EmpirePoker VIP Club member, you need
to have 5000 EPoints. You still need 4975 EPoints to enter the VIP club.

We hope you will keep on playing on our tables and participate in our non-stop
tournament action.
We hope to see you as part of our exclusive club soon!

And i played more then 20 tournaments (buy -in 11$ or more).
Deposit 600$ (to check how much points i got for this transaction) And i played some real money cash games the last 2 weeks.
So i have to play at least 3 years to become a VIP member..Thanks Empire /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MicroBob
02-08-2004, 05:36 AM
remember that it was already determined that single-table tournaments do not count towards the e-points yet.
but i agree that seems kind of strange.

by the way, i am somehow up to 3043 e-points now.
i was around 2900 last week...but have been playing mostly SNG's lately. i think i'll make it to the VIP club by armageddon once i get back to playing ring-games.
will their e-points shop include an armageddon-proof computer-electric-surge protector??

crockpot
02-08-2004, 07:22 AM
if this promotion increases empire's user traffic, then i think it's time to write off marketing as a career choice for any of us 'logical' people.

try going up to your boss and suggesting this promotion: frequent customers get reward points, you don't tell them how the points are calculated, you don't tell them what the rewards for getting the points are, and they're expected to use your product for several years to accumulate these mystery points. sign me up!!!

Piers
02-08-2004, 11:26 AM
I got 23 for about an hours worth of 15/30. Which suggests it will take about 220 hours. Or About six weeks of full time play on one table. Maybe a week of playing four short handed games.