PDA

View Full Version : most exits in first level on party

MicroBob
02-08-2004, 05:04 AM
i am playing a party 10+1 SNG and 4 players decided to say 'See ya" in the first 10 hands so we're down to just 6 remaining already. we almost had a 5th, but on the last hand of the first round some player thought and thought and thought and decided to fold to the all-in he was faced with.

with all the maniacs on party i know this is pretty tame....but i think it's a record for SNG's i've been in.

i wouldn't be too surprised if someone actually won a 10-player SNG (10+1 or 5+1) in the 2nd or 3rd level.
i would think that actually winning a whole SNG in the 1st level might be asking too much....but with enough of the right types of maniacs....who knows??

i also love the stories of getting knocked off the tourney early and still making it into the money before being blinded-out.

also, every once in awhile some guy will suggest that everyone go all-in on the very first hand just for kicks. anyone ever see this actually happen?? or something close to it??

CJC
02-08-2004, 05:22 AM
Hi,

I remember I won one once in 15 minutes ( a $5 nlhe ). Lost 3 people in the very first hand. ( I had AA, against KK,AQ,1010 )

Nothing on Party surprises me anymore.

CJ

tw texas
02-08-2004, 06:06 AM
lost 7 people in the first hand once...that was play money though

crockpot
02-08-2004, 07:13 AM
saw five people out in five hands the other day.

what a crazy game that was...i think it ended at level 4.

B Dids
02-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Do you find that the the 5+1 Party tournaments are always that soft? I've won a couple, once on an amazing comeback (500 (me), 2000, 3500) and another by building a big stack early.

So far I haven't seen (in 5 tournaments- so a small sample size) the same idiocy I saw on the play tables- but it sounds like it's still out there?

GoSox
02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
i've had 4 allins on the first hand, three gone. Today I was watching my second table and when I flipped back to the first table and 4 were gone in the first two hands. I had to scroll back and figure out what happened. some guy had like 73 and the flop was 337 and a bunch of higher pairs went all in on him.

On the party sngs I will play very, very tight until the first few are gone. I'll even fold AQs, it's just too unpredictable.

krazyace5
02-09-2004, 12:55 AM
$10+$1 are just as soft as the $5+$1 and many people recommend staying away from the $5+1 and playing $10+1.
Reason is that it costs less? to play $10 as $5.
10% for $10 and 20% for $5. Hope this is not to confusing.