PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of this raise and fold?

brick
02-08-2004, 01:59 AM
What do you all think of this raise and fold?

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Mr. Brick has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is EP2

UTG limps, EP1(poster) checks, Mr. Brick raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, EP1(poster) calls

Flop(9 SB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, EP1 calls, Mr. Brick folds, BB calls

yes, another thanks to Slavic for the converter.

chesspain
02-08-2004, 02:30 AM
With seven players left to act after you, and a limper and poster already in play, I would probably have mucked this pre-flop.

Since the flop missed you completely, and you had only one overcard, and there was already a bet and a call before you, I'ld say that folding was the prudent action.

maurile
02-08-2004, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since the flop missed you completely, and you had only one overcard . . .

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to mention that the overcard may well be no good, since AK or AQ could easily be out there.

BugsBunny
02-08-2004, 03:48 AM
Don't know if I would have mucked preflop, but I would not have raised. I usually open/raise AJo even from EP, but I limp behind any limpers - and muck it to a raise in front of me.

It does depend on who's in the game and game texture. In this case I don't really count the poster as a true limper - it's dead money until proven otherwise - which makes it *more* likely for me to play (with a limp behind) rather than fold.

On the flop I think it's an easy fold given the circumstances.