PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand for review

JDErickson
02-08-2004, 12:47 AM
loose passive table. No specific reads on opponent.

Party Poker 1/2 (9 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is EP1

Hero raises, MP2 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero caps, MP2 calls

Flop(10 SB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls

Turn(8 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, MP2 calls

River(10 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, MP2 calls

Comments

Nottom
02-08-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm gonna say you lost to KK.

brian0729
02-08-2004, 01:07 AM
Hey JD,

You capped pre flop, lead the flop and got raised again. I think you go into check, call mode at this point. I to think you lost KK.

JDErickson
02-08-2004, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You capped pre flop, lead the flop and got raised again

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't JJ or TT do this also with this flop? I think I would.

Jim

fluff
02-08-2004, 02:11 AM
TT and JJ would've been quite a bit on the maniacal side to raise you after you capped PF and then lead out on flop.

I agree with the other posters, you either lost to KK or split with another QQ.

JDErickson
02-08-2004, 02:22 AM
I did lose to KK.

How would you have played it differently?

Thanx
Jim

Nottom
02-08-2004, 02:46 AM
I've actually started playing much less aggressivly after being 3-bet by normalish players (obviously someone who is 3-betting all the time deserves a bit more aggresion) and seeing the flop heads-up. Most players are way too passive to be 3-betting with hands you really want to see.

This includes a lot of check-calling with maybe a value bet on the river.

JohnShaft
02-08-2004, 02:55 AM
I agree Nottom.

Except a PF 3-better (especially one with position) could have AK and still raise the Flop. (this situation is different though because of JD's Cap)

The key here is that he did this even though you capped Preflop. Your cap says "Big Hand" much more than an ordinary Raise, and he still Raises the Flop.
I think your PF Cap saved you getting Capped on the Flop (or even Raised on the Turn) because you'd put the fear into him that you had AA.

Played it differently? I'm not so sure.
If I'd capped Preflop I may not have 3-bet the Flop.
If I hadn't capped Preflop I probably would have though.

Be thankful you didn't lose more in some ways.

StellarWind
02-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Tough luck, but I like your play.

You cannot let MP2 get away with raising the flop with AK. You need to bet the turn and river to avoid a free card and a free showdown.

With his actual KK, it doesn't matter what you do. He's called once and he'll keep calling as long as you keep betting your pretend rockets. The instant you check, he starts betting and you get to call. It's a wash.

JohnShaft
02-08-2004, 02:28 PM
I somewhat agree Stellar, except, because JD capped Preflop I think the chance that MP2 raises the Flop with AK (probably to buy a free card) is significantly reduced.
I really do.

I think the flop raise will generally be much more indicative of AA/KK here than AK, or even JJ. Especially if it's a more or less straightforward opponent.
And the bad thing is if opponent has AA rather than KK he will charge you four bets on this flop if you 3-bet, or hell he may even charge you more by calling the 3-bet and raising the Turn.
It is a dangerous situation.