PDA

View Full Version : QJs LP1

bicyclekick
02-07-2004, 11:12 PM
pacific 5/10. First orbit, 3 horrible calling stations, mp2 is one of them. no read on mp1 or the big blind.

folded the mp1 who open raises mp2 calls, I look down at Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Now I think for a sec, and I want input on this...I sure as hell can't 3 bet with this hand, so should I have mucked it? I hate just calling 2 cold, but JQs aint a bad hand. This may be a case when cold calling aint bad?

Folded to the bb who calls. 3 to the flop for 8.5BB

flop 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bb checks, mp1 bets, mp2 folds, I raise, bb thinks for 25 seconds call calls 2 cold, mp 1 calls.

turn A/images/graemlins/club.gif

checked to me and I bet. Call, call.

river Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked to me and I bet, bb checkraises, mp1 folds. I think for a sec and 3 bet. proper?

maurile
02-07-2004, 11:52 PM
I would have folded before the flop, given the raise and a cold call in front of me. QJ is too easily dominated, and I don't think its suitedness adds sufficient value to warrant a call; although if MP2 is loose enough, that could change my mind.

Anyway, I like the three-bet on the river. Even though you'll end up losing two more bets to the nut flush, if that's what the BB has, you should have the best hand well over 2/3 of the time, making the three-bet profitable.

The BB may have a lower flush, or he may just really like his two pair, etc.

JTG51
02-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Easy fold preflop.

symphonic
02-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Definitely 3 bet the river. Everyone says fold this hand preflop, but in a loose enough game, i'd probably call with it.

Nate tha' Great
02-08-2004, 12:48 AM
I think the cold call is okay if the following conditions are met:

1) The open-raiser is relatively loose.
2) You expect at least four to the flop.
3) You play better than your opponents after the flop.

At a Pacific $5/$10 game, all of these conditions are pretty likely. Cold calling here is fine, IMHO.