PDA

View Full Version : Heads up to the flop

dirty_dan
02-07-2004, 05:02 PM
I've been feeling a bit uncomfortable lately with full table play when it's heads up going to the flop.

Online 2-4

Hand 1) SB is a loose calling station.

Folded to SB who completes, I check with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, I bet, SB calls

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, I bet, SB calls

River: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, I check behind

Hand 2) CO has played 1 orbit has limped UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

UTG+1CO open raises, I 3-bet with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif in SB, BB folds, CO caps, I call

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, CO bets, I raise, CO 3-bets, I fold.

Hand 1- Should I have raised preflop? Should I have bet the river?

Hand 2- Just check-fold that flop?

crockpot
02-07-2004, 06:05 PM
hand 1 - both close plays that depend on the opponent. if you raise preflop, will he be intimidated and fold the flop without a pair, or will the bigger pot induce him to call you down? if you bet the river, what kinds of hands will he call with? you shouldn't be too worried about the straight, naturally.

hand 2 - on this board, i would just check-fold. the only way you can be ahead is if CO is very aggressive with small pocket pairs or hands like A9 and A8. even then he will have you beaten the majority of the time, and it will be expensive to call him down.