PDA

View Full Version : So really, how much moeny does Big Slick cost you in a full ring

webiggy
02-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Party 2/4 - full ring.

I don't suppose that this ever happens to anyone else out there, but I recently discovered that having big slick hit top pair isn't all it's cracked up to be. Even flopping trips can be perilous. If anything, I decided that after this beat I should take a minute and read some hands.

Our Hero is on the Button and is dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG calls
all fold to OH who raises
SB Calls
BB Calls
UTG Calls - four to the flop

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets
BB calls
UTG folds
Hero calls (tactical mistake?)

Turn {A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif} 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

The frenzy begins!
SB Bets
BB Calls
Hero Raises
SB re-raises
BB Calls two bets
Hero Caps - all call

In retrospect, I should have smelled Denmark, but my excitement was causing a Westerly wind.

River {A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif} 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB Checks
BB Checks
Our Hero stupidly bets
sb calls
BB raises
hero re-raises, then realizes - ooops - there's a straight on the board
the rest call

Hero shows Aces over Kings loses $34
SB shows three of a kind - Aces - loses $34
BB shows straight to the five - nets $68 - ouch!

I don't feel as bad as the guy with three aces must feel, but damn, I guess I should've slowed my roll a bit.

Nottom
02-07-2004, 04:25 PM
If you toss AKo and AKs together they cost me about
-$3.82/hand

sfer
02-07-2004, 05:15 PM
What's that converted to BBs?

Nottom
02-07-2004, 05:25 PM
about -.64 or so

(-1.36 for AKs, -0.46 for AKo)

sfer
02-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks. I'm relieved to be in the ballpark (although troubled that suited earns less).

GuyOnTilt
02-07-2004, 05:35 PM
If you toss AKo and AKs together they cost me about
-$3.82/hand

Okay, maybe I'm just really confused and stupid right now, so let me make sure I'm understanding this. You're losing money with AKo and AKs, Nottom???

GoT

AceHigh
02-07-2004, 05:39 PM
That's just wrong. Tell me you sample size is very small.

brian0729
02-07-2004, 05:39 PM
GOT,

I think Nottom forgot his [sarcasm] brackets. At least I hope so or I am totally confused as well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nottom
02-07-2004, 05:45 PM
no, i'm losing about -0.64BB/hand ... which of course means I'm winning.

GuyOnTilt
02-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Thank you. I feel much better now that my faith in you is restored. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT