PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand

daryn
02-07-2004, 02:31 PM
10-20 6 max..

i am dealt QQ, utg limps, i raise, folds to the blinds who both call, ugt calls.

flop is AQ2 rainbow.

checked to me, i bet and all fold.

anyone check this flop around?

usually at these tables i get no respect so i figured i'd just bet it. comments?

Requeim
02-07-2004, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't slowplay this hand, you figure with that many callers, that Ace probably hit someone. Beside the fact that you get no respect on those nutty 10/20 short tables, people tend stay in with any kind draws to broadway, make them pay to draw on you. If this was HU I would've checked the flop(altho the flop check will look suspicious), and I'd still bet out if it was 3 way.

Schneids
02-07-2004, 04:30 PM
You have 3 opponents, I will always bet this.

SirArthur
02-07-2004, 04:36 PM
You made the right move, I'd bet every time in this situation, unless you have amazing reads on all your opponents.
If you go for a check raise and no one takes the bait, you run the risk of give everyone a free card which would possibly giving someone great pot odds to go for their straight draw, or they could actually hit their straight with the free card on the turn.

In a heads up match, or against two opponents (especially in a NL game, or tourney), slow playing this hand is a definite option.
When I first started playing, this piece of advice was key, as I'm sure you know, make your opponents "pay" to draw on you, when you believe you have the top hand.

Your Mom
02-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Do you really want KJ or KT to have a free card?

ZeeJustin
02-08-2004, 04:00 AM
I bet this flop, however, if the ace was a 3, I would certainly check.

ZeeJustin
02-08-2004, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really want KJ or KT to have a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

With QQ on an AQ2 rainbow flop, giving 1 free card is a very minor minor concern. You are far more likely to make a second best hand than a best hand with a free card, and giving your opponents second best hands is great. Regardless, as posted above, I still think betting is correct.

P.S you forgot to mention that 54, 53, and 43 may also beat you with that free card.

Edit: We can't forget about A2 or AQ either!