PDA

View Full Version : Should I have slowplayed?

moondogg
02-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Very loose, fairly aggressive table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
moondogg has K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP1

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, moondogg raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

Flop(14 SB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, EP1 checks, EP2 checks, moondogg bets, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button raises, UTG folds, EP1 calls, EP2 folds, moondogg 3-bets, MP3 calls, Button caps, EP1 calls, moondogg calls, MP3 calls

Turn(22 BB): Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 checks, moondogg bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, EP1 calls

River(26 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 checks, moondogg bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, EP1 folds

Results in white: <font color="white"> Button had KcJs and MP3 had AhQs, and MHIG </font>

I thought maybe I should have called the raise and either checkraised or bet out on the turn. However, it seems whenever I do that in this kind of situation, either the bet on the turn seems suspicious and they only call, or the checkraise fails and it gets checked through. I thought that since the button capped, he would continue to raise the turn. Given my position, is it worth trying to get tricky, or should I just ram it straightforward?

Thanks,
Mooney

Nottom
02-07-2004, 02:11 PM
You capped the flop 4 ways, had 3 callers on the turn, and 2 on the river and you think you should have slowplayed?

If anything this is exactly why you shouldn't slowplay in these types of games.

z32fanatic
02-07-2004, 03:52 PM
I usually slowplay hands that cannot lose, such as this one. Because the betting is bigger on the turn and river, re-raising again gives away a lot of information about your hand at a cheaper price. If you call, it makes the other guy think he has the best hand at that time, and will make him raise on the turn. I usually raise on the turn and river as high as I can go. I think this makes the winnings more because the bets are bigger. I may be wrong however.