PDA

View Full Version : What's a good win %

B Dids
02-07-2004, 02:33 AM
I'm playing Party .5/1, doing OK- but what you you expect in terms of a "hands won" percentage over a couple of hours?

z32fanatic
02-07-2004, 03:14 AM
If I win 10% of my hands I'm doing well. Win % isn't as important as Showdown % when determining how much money I'm making. If I'm winning half or less of my showdowns, i'm almost always losing money no matter what percentage i'm winning overall.

HajiShirazu
02-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Well, if you're winning 10%, you're playing too loose, since you should be winning fewer pots than the loose-playing opponents on party, not an equal amount. Everyone will get the same cards on average, including premiums, and will win a roughly equal amount of the time with them, but they will play more hands, and while many of these hands suck, they still win sometimes, as anyone who has been rivered by 35s in a capped PF pot knows.In addition, these players will often take such hands to the river, hoping to get lucky when they do not have odds to do so, while you will not. So you will win less than 10% or your share of the pots, and your poor-playing opponents will win more pots. Of course you will win your share of the money, and they will not.
The % of pots won also varies based on how many loose chasers are at the table, and how many people overall are at the table. If you played at a table with players that were also playing tight, you might win 10% of the pots. You might even win more than that, and still be playing correctly.
Then again, we all have good days where we win 10% or more of our hands, even against the loosest fish calling stations. And those days are generally very profitable. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dylan Wade
02-07-2004, 04:45 AM

Trix
02-07-2004, 06:08 AM
I played ~500 hands yesterday and think I had 6-7 or such and 66% showdowns.
26%flops seen.

Zetack
02-07-2004, 09:09 AM
I don't expect anything over a couple of hours--its too short a time period for any kind of standard.

It used to be for me, that if I was winning around 60 percent of my showdowns I almost always had a winning session. Lately I've had positive winning sessions with winning percentages somewhat under fifty percent, related I think to some differences in my game such as folding on the river less frequently in big pots even when I'm pretty sure I'm beat.

--Zetack

bunky9590
02-07-2004, 09:45 AM
In limit I'm around 7% on average.

In NLHE I'm around 12% on average. Put my aggressiveness i NLHE is getting me a bunch of garbage pots with pot sized bets.

In limit I see between 16-22% of flops.

In NLHE its 23-28%

StellarWind
02-08-2004, 02:27 AM
It takes many, many hours to establish a statistically valid win rate.

Regarding some of the other replies, don't get too fixated on your showdown win rate. It's a very personal number that has more to do with your style than how well you play. Here are some ways to increase your showdown win rate:

1. Ignore favorable pot odds and fold the river when you expect to lose. It hurts your reputation as a player to show a loser.

2. Don't bet for value when you know you are ahead. You can't win a showdown if he folds.

3. Slowplay more hands and don't worry about giving free cards. When you have a good hand you need to keep your opponent around so you can show it to him.

OK, so my suggestions are all giant leaks. Many players swear by them and I assure you that they will raise your showdown win percentage.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nottom
02-08-2004, 03:53 AM
7-8%ish should be a good session.

Zetack
02-08-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It takes many, many hours to establish a statistically valid win rate.

Regarding some of the other replies, don't get too fixated on your showdown win rate. It's a very personal number that has more to do with your style than how well you play. Here are some ways to increase your showdown win rate:

1. Ignore favorable pot odds and fold the river when you expect to lose. It hurts your reputation as a player to show a loser.

2. Don't bet for value when you know you are ahead. You can't win a showdown if he folds.

3. Slowplay more hands and don't worry about giving free cards. When you have a good hand you need to keep your opponent around so you can show it to him.

OK, so my suggestions are all giant leaks. Many players swear by them and I assure you that they will raise your showdown win percentage.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!