PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack Satellite

Duke
02-07-2004, 02:14 AM
So me and 3 buddies of mine end up at the Bellagio this afternoon, and well, I'm too late to get a seat in a satellite for the $500+40 tourney. 4 of us start talking, and I say that I guess I'll go do a blackjack satellite. Try to turn $70 into $540 and just buy in. If I lose, I lose. Anyhow, the idea seems to go over pretty well. The new plan is to each chip in $70, play one hand, and if we win one of us will play the tourney.

So with $280 cash playing, we get dealt a 7 and an A. The dealer shows a K, and it's on us. Well, we gotta hit. Bingo when we draw a 2. The dealer had an 8 down, and we take the winnings, and tip her $5.

Well, now we have $15 left over. Should we buy some beers? Wait... Roulette pays 35-1, so it would be $525 on a $15 bet... add them together and that's another seat!

One of us (not me) starts saying to bet on 19. 19. 19. Wait we should bet 3 numbers $5 each to spread the risk. No then we won't have $540 for another seat. Ok fine go bet on 19.

Yahtzee. They push us the nickel chip and the quarter chip (funny how a nickel's bigger than a quarter, but oh well), and we have another seat.

Yeah both of the horses busted out out of the money, but it's a hell of a story, and I'll never forget it. I guess you had to be there when that 19 came up for it to have the same effect as it had on me.

~D

Stew
02-07-2004, 02:26 AM
Do you know if you win a Satellite for the Bellagio weekly $500+$40, can you keep the winnings, or do you have to play in the main tournament?

Duke
02-07-2004, 02:47 AM
I think (95% sure) you "have" to play, but I'm sure you could find a way to sell your seat if you really wanted to. I never tried to NOT play. Good question, though.

~D

Stew
02-07-2004, 01:25 PM
The reason I ask is b/c I am going out to Vegas with my wife and a big group of friends in March. I'd like to play in a sat or super for this tournament and if I won, keep the cash instead of play in the tournament b/c we have plans Friday night, but I can play during the day Friday.

Cubswin
02-07-2004, 05:19 PM
I enjoyed your little story. It reminds of one of the runs a friend of mine went on. He maganaged to turn $300 into $1600 at the BJ table before heading over to play roulette. He then plays black on the inside and hits on 2 of 3 spins. He then starts playing red for $500 and leaves the roulette table with over $12,000. He then proceeds to give $8000 of it back at the BJ table. Still, he came out some $3500 ahead after buying us lots of drinks and lap dances /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cubswin