PDA

View Full Version : QQ and messing with the big stack...

triplc
02-07-2004, 01:12 AM
We're 5 handed in a 10+1 Sng at Stars. Blinds are 100/200 I have T2200, the big stack on my immediate left has T3700. One player with around T1000 has been sitting out for 1/2 hour or so, and the other two are basically splitting the remaining 2100. I get QQ in the CO and raise it to 600. Big stack pushes all-in...

What's the play?

Results below in white...

<font color="white"> I called. He had AQo. A on the flop. CCC go bye bye bye. </font>

CCC

CrisBrown
02-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Hiya CCC,

Unless he's been ultra ULTRA tight up to now, I'd call, as he is likely to make this reraise on hands you're ahead of, or even dominating (a lower pair, AQ, or KQs).

I just read the results, and you had him dominated. He caught. That's going to happen sometimes. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cris

eastbay
02-07-2004, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We're 5 handed in a 10+1 Sng at Stars. Blinds are 100/200 I have T2200, the big stack on my immediate left has T3700. One player with around T1000 has been sitting out for 1/2 hour or so, and the other two are basically splitting the remaining 2100. I get QQ in the CO and raise it to 600. Big stack pushes all-in...

What's the play?

Results below in white...

<font color="white"> I called. He had AQo. A on the flop. CCC go bye bye bye. </font>

CCC

[/ QUOTE ]

You made the right play, and caught him right where you wanted him - on a dominated hand.

That's a huge +EV play. Nothing to worry about for one second.

eastbay

Bozeman
02-07-2004, 03:17 AM
You played it perfectly, because doubling up here has such value. If there was more chance that he'd come over the top with two overcards (say you had tt), then allin is better. Basically, 1or5 = 2or3, and by folding your chance of 4,5 becomes as large as your chance of 1st. Add the fact that you are likely a 2-5:1 favorite, and things are peachy, until the flop ...

Craig

triplc
02-07-2004, 03:30 PM
He had been pretty aggressive and loose, and I had been pretty aggressive with my steals...so he probably read me as much weaker than I was. I felt like he probably had Ax or a middle pair...definitely not AA or KK.

And my winless streak at stars continues...

CCC

CrisBrown
02-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Hiya CCC,

[ QUOTE ]
And my winless streak at stars continues...

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing your game, it's only a matter of time before you're making money at Stars. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep your chin up and keep going at 'em. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cris

triplc
02-07-2004, 07:24 PM
It's only three tourneys...so I'm not worried yet. Ironically, my best performance thus far has not been at Party, but at UB. This is probably because I am most familiar with their structure. But I think playing at $10 stars tourneys is sort of a slight jump up from party and UB before I make the leap to $20, $30 or two tables.

Not going anywhere until I've played my 100, though...thanks for the encouragement, Cris.

CCC