PDA

View Full Version : Bankrolls at Low Level Party SNGs

MasterShakes
02-06-2004, 11:07 PM
These questions are probably asked quite a bit on here...

I'm in the midst of my first 200 $10+$1 SNG's at limit hold 'em at party. My win rate has been good and I'm up considerably. I started with a bankroll of 30 buy-ins.

If things continue to go well, and I get a bankroll of $990, should I consider it safe to move up to $30+$3 buy-ins? The level of play is probably better at that level, I would guess, but not significantly so. I'm pretty sure I could make it there and my bankroll is the only thing keeping me from moving up right now. I just want to know, based on experience, when is it safe, assuming a continuously solid win rate at $10?

triplc
02-06-2004, 11:52 PM
I have yet to play a 30+3, but my advice would be to move up and play a few if you have a bankroll of $990. Most folks at this site have said that 20-30 buyins is pretty solid to start with, and the thing is...you can always drop back down if you hit a cold streak or you just feel like you're not ready for it...

Also, others have said that there's not a big difference between the 10 and 30's. Maybe others will elaborate...

CCC

Bozeman
02-07-2004, 12:38 AM
I can't believe they skip the $22 level. I think this is enough, but you will have some finite risk of ruin (1-5% I suspect) since possible win rate is somewhat less at limit than NL.

Craig