PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes playing poker makes me want to scream and throw things...

muzungu
02-06-2004, 10:12 PM
First (and hopefully last, but i doubt it) bad beat post ever- housemate's away and I feel like venting. We'll make this quick.

3-tabling Party $100 games. Nondescript session so far.

Table 1: AxAc in EP. Been an aggressive pre-flop table, so I limp with the intention of reraising. So does everybody else... oops. Flop Axx 2 clubs. I bet 3/4 pot, 3 callers, turn blank, I bet 2/3 pot, 2 callers, river club. Doh. Pay off for $40 (maybe I should just fold... /images/graemlins/frown.gif) and a $260 pot heads to one of them. Yeah, the preflop limp didn't work out, and maybe I could bet more on the turn, but I figured there were multiple flush draws and that I was giving them bad odds to call. Halfway through this hand I notice:

Table 2: AA. I raise to $10 in LP. SB min-raises. I figure he wants to rumble and go all-in for $100. He calls with QQ, Q on the turn. Double ugh.

Time for a break from poker, methinks... good luck, all.

-muz

youngladyfriend
02-06-2004, 10:23 PM
First hand, I would have pushed in on the turn... make it REALLY bad odds to make their flush. Sounds like you would have won a decent pot that way. Second hand.. I think I was the one with QQ. Just kidding... but things like that have happened to me before.. both ways. I'm sure it has for you too. Scream as long as your neighbors don't get too worried, and throw small unbreakable things. I like throwing my sons stuffed animals at the wall. I think that is my favorite aspect of online poker. It hasn't helped my temper in a live game though... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif better luck.

*youngladyfriend

krazyace5
02-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a hand I was in early in a sit n go.
within the first 5 hands I get dealt QQ, make a decent bet and get a call and then reraised by another guy after me, call it and then the next guy goes all in, I am pot committed and 3 of us are all in, flop is rag rag Q rag rag, and I knock out AA and KK. Sometimes luck is good.

Acesover8s
02-07-2004, 12:57 AM
I hate to relate bad beat stories, but while you're doing it, I will sneak mine in too. . .

Last night, playing limit holdem I get dealt pocket KK, raise and get 500 callers. Flop a set cap it up on KT9 flop, jack on the turn and pocket QQ does me in.

Ok, no biggy, so very next hand I get QQ. I cap it up preflop, flop brings an Ace, goodbye.

NEXT HAND, I get pocket 88. A couple bets preflop, have to fold on the flop when it comes AK6, turn card is a damn 8.

NEXT HAND, pocket TT. flop comes all little, bet the heck out of it, get all in on the turn, opponent has pocket AA.

4 hands, 4 pocket pairs, big pots lose em all. I had to buy a new keyboard today. . .

dogsballs
02-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Hand one. On the turn I'd have liked to say: "If you want to draw...then, draw!" as I shoved a large pile of chips towards the centre.

happyjaypee
02-07-2004, 03:54 PM
I'll stick mine in too. Have this one tormenting me for a couple days now.

Playing Omaha hi PL, 2 table. those two hands happenned at same time.

1st table: I get all-in on turn whit 2nd set.
2nd table: I get all-in on flop (After reraising preflop) Whit AA and nut /images/graemlins/heart.gif flush draw.

Table 1: Got called by 3rd set and no other outs... He spiked his 1 outer quads...

Table 2: Got called by preflop initial raiser who had KK whit K high /images/graemlins/heart.gif flush draw. Got Him drawing to a 2 outer... and he spiked the K on river...

I had doubled my stack on both table in 1.5hrs of play to all lose it in 15sec. to a 1 and 2 outers!!! I felt like throwing my comp by the window.

anyway, thx for reading /images/graemlins/grin.gif, next hand.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif