PDA

View Full Version : Deeper stacks hand

Fistdantilus
02-06-2004, 09:48 PM
$50 .50/$1 NL Party on an always wonderful friday night.

A few limpers to me, and I call in MP with:
5/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop:
5/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet the pot ($6), a guy in EP calls. This player is quite loose preflop, and is a good player postflop. Not real aggressive, but he picks up the pot here and there and makes some good calls at the end. Both of us have stacks of $200, which is the tough part for me to deal with.

Turn brings A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

A mixed blessing, and I bet the pot (18), which he calls. The river brings a Q, and he checks to me...

I check.

Comments?

Fistdantilus

Acesover8s
02-06-2004, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A mixed blessing, and I bet the pot (18), which he calls. The river brings a Q, and he checks to me...

I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh. His play doesn't look like AQ or AJ to me, limping preflop and checking the flop. Sure on the turn or river AJ or AQ is a monster, but on the flop its not so strong to risk giving free cards.

You have a good value bet here I believe. I"m calling a raise too.

spacemonkey
02-06-2004, 10:06 PM
I always bet here, at least the pot. A lot of players will call with three of a kind. You can't worry about a bigger house, it is very unlikely. This is a doubling through hand.

Rock Solid
02-06-2004, 10:38 PM
This is a must bet river card. In know way did he play it like AQ or AJ. If he did, then oh well. But you have to make a value bet here and hope he has a third ace to pay you off with. Probably 1/2 to 2/3 the pot is about right.

gavrilo
02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
you have to bet here