PDA

View Full Version : Mixing it up

Diplomatdcm
02-06-2004, 06:42 PM
PLaying 15-30 party today, doing ok, playing tight as a clam
-so far I ahve no shown down anyhting but aces or Kings. And the last two times I have raised I just picked up the blinds
I get Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif in Mp folded to me I raise to 'mix it up'.
Good play?

glen
02-06-2004, 06:47 PM
I really hate mixing it up at party. Maybe a few people pay attention, but I wouldn't assume the whole table has. If you stole the blinds earlier, maybe they just had nothing. If the game is overall loose, I don't like it, but if it's tight, which I would find hard to believe since it's a party 15, then it's fine. . .

astroglide
02-06-2004, 07:06 PM
i think it's unlikely that anyone would notice or make play adjustments (presuming you went to an honest showdown). -ev.

elysium
02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
hi diplomat
you sound the same. i guess it's you. there's something different though. what, did you lose weight? buy a new computer? it's you though. or at least you constructed this question because you would have wanted an opinion on this particular situation. it's definately a diplomatic hand.

you can and should raise-in.

by the way, you're in a fairly sophisticated situation here, notwithstanding the fact that it's no big secret that this hand is being played in a non cash-outable game. and the QTs is no big secret either here. didn't i tell you not to show everyone your cards diplomat? you've got half the junior class of stanford coming up to the third floor dormatory on tech night thursday to see what in the world you're raising in with now. there's a local russian psychic in moscow with head-phones and a computer who's built his t.v. show around being able to predict your hole cards.

let's assume that this hand is being played in a real card game, not electronically with someone ordering you a QTs by manually entering the QTs code, and then running around to the back of the server getting ready for the flop.

you want to know if you should have raised in ????

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD DIPLOMAT !! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD !!

Clarkmeister
02-06-2004, 08:57 PM
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ulysses
02-06-2004, 09:22 PM
How much money did you lose (or have stolen, whichever the case may be) online, elysium?

glen
02-06-2004, 09:28 PM
how much would you guess?

(just want to give you an excuse to make your 4,000th post)

DanZ
02-06-2004, 10:46 PM
what the #$%^# else would you do with these cards in middle position first in with a tight (wrt you) game?

Clarkmeister
02-07-2004, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Good play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

bigpooch
02-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Why is this even a question? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you fail to raise with this hand after 3 or more players
pass to you in front of the BB, what are you waiting for?
By failing to raise here, you are giving up some money,
arguably not a lot, but given the condtions, there are even
more reasons to raise!

I have been chastised for playing ABC before, but even I
see that you should raise here with any two suited cards
above a nine and even with T9s you should "mix it up"!