PDA

View Full Version : bad fold?

Noodles
02-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Empire poker .50/1$ tightish table my opponent here seems ok
I am BB with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Folded to the button who raises ,SB folds,I reraise ,he caps,i call

FLOP [ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
I bet,he raises,I fold.

Ok i bet here to represent an ace I then figured if he rose he must have better than JJ as he capped PF.
Also i hate being in situations like this,i cant draw anything.
Think i save 2.5 BBs here or lost the poT?

SpaceAce
02-06-2004, 06:07 PM
That doesn't look like a bad fold to me. Even if he has QQ or KK and is just testing your represented Ace, you're still beaten.

SpaceAce

rayrns
02-07-2004, 09:02 AM
I have seen this move by players holding middle pairs. They want to see if you really have the Aces. They are spending 1 SB at this point and if you just call they know you most likely don't have an Ace. If you still want to represent an Ace then re-raise and see if he is willing to cap it. Or call the bet and then check/call to the river, if you don't improve.

bernie
02-07-2004, 10:56 AM
if he had an A he played it wrong.

b

Noodles
02-07-2004, 01:01 PM
what do you mean by this? That someone with AA.AK,AQ,AJ would have just called and raised me on the river?
OK he might not have the Ace but he did cap PF so could have KK or QQ.
I hopw he didnt have JJ /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ed Miller
02-07-2004, 01:40 PM
I would, at the very least, call and see what he does on the turn.

Noodles
02-07-2004, 01:42 PM
so i should have called and bet into him on the turn?If he raises then fold?

Ed Miller
02-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Eh.. you don't have to bet the turn, though doing so might not be bad.

The answer to this question depends strongly on who you are playing against. But generally, he is too likely to be bluffing for you to fold for one small bet in a nine bet pot. If you check the turn, he might check behind, for instance.

When you 3-bet out of the blinds like this, you have to be willing to hold onto your hand a little bit because the pot is significantly bigger.