PDA

View Full Version : internet vs live

slim
02-06-2004, 05:48 PM
I just started playing Party Poker after acouple of years of live poker. i've only played about 30 hrs online so far and have noticed that there seems to a lot of huge hands. I've seen quads so many times and lots of boats and even some str8 flushes. Of the few hundred hrs I'veplayed live,I've only seen maybe 4-5 str8 flushes and maybe 10-15 quads. Also, it seems very common that there is 4 card str8's and 4 card flushes and 2 prs on the board. Has anyone else noticed this about internet poker? I know the hands dealt is about double but that still shouldn't account for all the huge hands and scary looking boards.

CrackerZack
02-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Its rigged. run for you life. Save yourself and your bankroll. elysium will tell you.

slim
02-06-2004, 07:20 PM
seriously? or are u just joking?
I've seen a lot of big hands but it's not like I don't get them either. I'm actually doing quite well in the short time I've played.
I was wondering if it might be rigged because I have 2 other friends who also just started playing online and they are all winning as well

fluff
02-06-2004, 07:47 PM
It's been a while since we had one of these post, so it was about time I guess. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Warior
02-07-2004, 01:59 PM
ROFL..he's only joking. the main reason that your seeing so many more big hands is that you are playing 2 or sometimes even 3 times the hands per hour as when playing live. Your also seeing people who will take a shot with any 2 cards put in front of them. As the old saying goes if you throw enough at the wall some will stick.