PDA

View Full Version : 43 on the button....but it was suited!!

balkii
02-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is Button

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1(poster) checks, MP2 limps, Hero limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(7 SB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, EP1 bets, EP2 raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls

Turn(8 BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 checks, EP2 checks, Hero bets, EP1 folds, EP2 calls

River(10 BB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP2 checks, Hero checks

1) Who folds preflop?
2) Who smoothcalls the flop, and raises the turn?
3) Who bets the river?

LetsRock
02-06-2004, 05:55 PM
I won't play this hand - I often muck this in the SB. I guess if it's a real passive (hadn't raised pf since Dubya's dad was in office) table full of limpers I think about it, but that's not in my playlist.

Lottery Larry
02-06-2004, 06:00 PM
1) Who folds preflop? NOT I SAID THE LITTLE PIG
2) Who smoothcalls the flop, and raises the turn? MAYBE IF I WANTED TO SEE IF THE FLUSH CAME ON THE TURN
3) Who bets the river? I WILL I WILL SAID THE LITTLE PIG

balkii
02-06-2004, 07:57 PM
LetsRock,
I would not have completed the SB with this hand either, with the 3:1 blind structure (I would complete if the SB was half a bet). Being last to act instead of first I think makes a huge difference in the EV of a hand like this.

balkii
02-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Larry,
Regarding the river play, what worse hand do you think will call here? What better hand will fold? What hands do you put my opponent on?

Lottery Larry
02-06-2004, 09:33 PM
of course no better hand will fold. Part of my reason to bet was to not show the hand unless you would gain more from showing it. the other reason is the off-chance someone will "look me up" out of sheer curiosity especially online

Overpair or busted Ace-flush draw (maybe K or Q?), maybe with a weak pair- the 6?- since they didn't bet or check-raise the river.

was i right?

balkii
02-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Larry, why wouldnt you want to show this hand? I play tighter than most players, and I'm sure SOME people notice. I think it would be great to showdown a 43, to make them rethink their read on me a bit.

I thought maybe A busted A-high flush draw would call, but really didnt feel it was worth a bet. Of course the hand I was most concerned about was Tx, although a T should have bet the river, not gone for a check-raise.

Anyways, here's my favorite part about the hand. My opponent shows............................................. .........
Aces.

LOL and I bet he thinks I'm a fish now, too.

Lottery Larry
02-07-2004, 08:49 AM
in that case, show the cards. however, you probably would have gotten another bet out of the Aces.

bunky9590
02-07-2004, 09:12 AM
I like the limp preflop actually, I do it if conditions are right especially if suited.

I don't bet that river. (for once)
He could be on a club draw, in which case he wont pay off the bet. Or he could be checkraising. That would be a really thin Value bet there. I prefer to just check behind in that scenarion.