PDA

View Full Version : Bob Ciaffone's "Middle Limit Holdem Poker" is Great!

Still the Spank E
02-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Seriously!

artman
02-06-2004, 08:17 PM
I believe you, although i haven't read it yet. But since i also liked his Pot limit & No limit poker book and Improve Your Poker i'll take your word for it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bernie
02-06-2004, 09:46 PM
use the search in both small and high forums. this book generated lots of fantastic threads that go extremely well with the book. (both pro and con of the books concepts) i dont think the forum left too many examples in that book unchecked.

it will be well worth the search. i've never read it, but based on the discussion it generated, i voted it for book of the year.

b

colgin
02-07-2004, 03:07 PM
I just started reading it myself (about 40 pages in) and really like it so far. I think that the example intensive format is very helpful. Even though the book is geared toward much higher limits than what I am currently playing in I feel that it is teaching me a lot of useful concepts, some of which I can use now and many of which, I hope, I will be able to use later. When I finish it I will post a longer write up. Also, I will do some searches as Bernie suggested for the 2+2ers gloss on some of the example from the book.

bigpooch
02-10-2004, 04:29 AM
It is a book with several examples and solid advice. On the
other hand, some less experienced players will be led down
the wrong path (see Malmuth's review of it).