PDA

View Full Version : Showdown Showing Order

Warik
02-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I am confused.

If I'm the button I'm the last to act on the flop.

I'm also the last to act on the turn.

And the river.

So why did I have to show my hand (my winning hand) first last time I was at the B&M?

Maybe somebody screwed up somewhere but I'm pretty sure the button is supposed to act last even in the showdown.

I didn't care because I had the winning hand, but I would have loved to see what my opponent had (who should have shown before me I think).

Do the rules change after the river?

fluff
02-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Some places have rules where the last agressor shows first. So if the action was checked to you, then you bet, and everyone else just called, you show first.

Varies from room to room though, so I would ask someone in charge there. Also, it could just be a mistake by the dealer.

RcrdBoy
02-06-2004, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If I'm the button I'm the last to act on the flop.

I'm also the last to act on the turn.

And the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were checked through that would be the case.

Once someone bets and is called the bettor has to show. The caller doesn't, if they lost.

I have noticed that there sometimes seems to be some confusion at the low limit live tables, but usually only with the players not the dealers.

Did you bet?

-Mike

Big Country
02-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Everywhere i have ever played, the last aggressor is the first to show.. ie, whomever is the last person called, even if it was from a previous betting round. So, the reason you likely had to show first was that you were the last person to bet or raise and had been called.

Dov
02-06-2004, 05:31 PM
It's like that everywhere I play too. If you pay attention, you'll see that it's like that online as well.

Warik
02-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Yes I did bet and was mad that it didn't get raised. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I never noticed online because I play on Party with autoshow/automuck turned on and it all looks like it happens at the same time.

Thanks to everyone for the clarification.