PDA

View Full Version : First 2 hours at Party (semi rant)

Sixth_Rule
02-06-2004, 03:16 PM
MY GOD

i'm going to say that alot because the quality of play at party .50/1 is so much worse then .25/.50 at UB

my first notable hand
HERO in EP3 A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

WOO HOO i think Hero Raise, 5 call
6 to the flop

Flop J /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB Check, BB Check, Hero Bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls LP-1 Raises, SB calls, BB folds, Hero 3 bets, MP1 Calls, MP2 calls, LP-1 Caps evryone left calls

I think hmm what does he have..... two pair, or a set, maybe i should check call from here in and be prepaired to release if it gets hot.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
All check to LP-1 who bets. MP1 folds all else call

river J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
thats not pretty at all.
all check to LP-1 who bets SB folds Hero calls MP2 calls

ANY GUESSES ,

he had J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif MY GOD THIS GUY CALLED 2 COLD WITH THIS AND THE CAPPED TOP PAIR NO KICKER against a preflop raiser.
i don't mind a stupid chaser but what was this guy thinking.

anyways i went down 15 dollars in like a half hour with this hand and hands not quite as bad but close.Made 5 dollar back then
The table got short handed so i took a short break and then played for an hour and a half.
here are my stats from the hour and a half

Hands Played 100
Hands Won 3%
Showdowns won 50%
Flops Seen 17%
Win% if flops seen 17.6
can someone explain how in this session i am up 12$
the pots are just huge there

so now i am up 2BB overall on party

at least at UB i had a clue as to what a player might be doing but at party they could have anything.

all i know is these players are just TERRIBLE and i want to KILL THEM not because they are bad at poker, that i can live with, but because there genes are bringing down our society as a whole.

MY GOD /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jhanrahan
02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
the less he knows about how to play poker, the better

namknils
02-06-2004, 03:29 PM
I love these players, I think most here do too.

scotnt73
02-06-2004, 03:30 PM
that is why you can just play your cards at party. ABC poker works great which is why you hear about people here playing 3-6 tables at a time. your oponents can have anything so you just play proper poker with nothing fancy and take the money. tag the 1% players who are good and stay away from them.

Nottom
02-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Raise the turn, you just moved ahead of J9 which is his most probable hand that would be beating you.

Yup, they suck thats what makes them great.

JPNet
02-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Sounds like they are almost as bad as the players on Pacific. You will routinely see them raise from EP with something like J2s. I have gone into check call mode several times, expecting to see a big hand beat me on the end only to find out that the "action" from 3 different players was 88, TT and JJ, that never improved.

Sixth_Rule
02-06-2004, 05:07 PM
AHAHAAA
i just had a hand where 8 players called 2 bets cold when i had AQo a queen hit the flop and one guy rasied my bet i called and called him down...so did 4 other people he had Q 8Kicker to finish. I should of bet the turn and the river but this is funny.
i am now up 26BB in 3 hours... i know this is not a patern but it is funny that going up in limits from UB saw the player quality go WAY DOWN

namknils
02-06-2004, 05:14 PM
There will be a lot of pots like this, and better. When I first started playing online I was at Paradise and just doing ok. After I made the move to Party I didn't like it for about 1 day, then I realized how profitable the bad players were. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I get over the bad beats fairly quick now.

-nam

Runner Runner
02-06-2004, 05:34 PM
"all i know is these players are just TERRIBLE and i want to KILL THEM not because they are bad at poker, that i can live with, but because there genes are bringing down our society as a whole."

Please don't turn in to one of those jerks who starts criticizing people for playing bad cards while at the table. That is a pretty good way to tighten up a good game and make it tougher to beat.

siccjay
02-06-2004, 06:13 PM
If it is one thing I have learned from reading a few books it's STOP CALLING BAD PLAYERS OUT. It's very hard for me cause I am normally a DICK. BUT You don't wanna tighten a bad player up ESPECIALLY if he just lucked into some of your chips. Just say NH or NOTHING and wait for your money back.

Moozh
02-06-2004, 06:36 PM
If I had a bad session like you, I'd be overjoyed to still be up at the end. I can understand being upset at having your Aces cracked, but I count any winning session as a good session. It's not often you're able to actually make money while having fun.

[ QUOTE ]
all i know is these players are just TERRIBLE and i want to KILL THEM

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure know this feeling. I've also noticed that when I start thinking this way I end up giving my money away.