PDA

View Full Version : content with these two - should I be?

StevieG
02-06-2004, 01:43 PM
At Pacific, 0.25/0.50 in seat 10. Seats 3 and 4 are what I am going to call loose aggressive reactive (LAG-R), by which I mean that should they face a raise after a limp they like to reraise.

Here are two hands that I am happy with because I feel like I anticipated these opponents well, tightened up my play just for them, and tried to make maximum advantage. But maybe I could have played post-flop differently, and I would like your criticism. (First hand posts, incidentally).

Hand #1 - I have K/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the cutoff. LAG-Rs both limp, one more player I read as loose limps, two solid players fold, and I call. Yes, KT is tricky, but I decide I will fold if the flop doesn't hit me, and I fear a raise will just set off both LAG-R players and bring a pre-flop cap back at me. Button calls, small blind completes, big blind checks.

Flop K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif with 3.5 BB in the pot

SB checks, BB bets, LAG-R1 raises, LAG-R2 folds, limper folds, hero reraises, button cold calls, BB calls, LAG-R1 caps. Hero, button, and BB call.

Turn [K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 9/images/graemlins/club.gif with 11 BB in the pot

LAG-R1 bets, all call. This is the only nagging doubt I have about this hand. I think I should have raised.

River [K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif] 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 15 BB in the pot

Checked to LAG-R1 who bets, hero calls, button raises, LAG-R1 reraises, hero folds, button calls.

Result in white: <font color="white">button takes the pot with trip nines from J9o</font>

Hand #2 - In the very next hand, I receive A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif in the cutoff-1. LAG-R2 is now UTG and folds. All fold to the raising hero. Cutoff folds, button calls, SB cold calls, LAG-R1 predictably reraises. Hero caps, button, SB, and LAG-R1 all call.

Flop 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 7.5 BB in the pot

SB checks, LAG-R1 bets, hero raises, isolating the LAG-R who 3-bets and calls hero's cap.

Turn [4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif] 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 11.5 BB in the pot

LAG-R1 bets. Hero calls.

River [4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif] 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif with 13.5 BB in the pot

LAG-R1 bets. Hero calls.

Result in white: <font color="white">LAG-R shows 66 for the 8 high straight</font>

Am I right to feel comfortable with my play in these hands?