PDA

View Full Version : First post - Paradise 2/4

gleather
02-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Hello All.

This post is my first here at 2+2. I am intrigued and optimistic about sharing ideas about poker online.

I share this hand with you not only because I found it a bit interesting, but also because I anticipate some helpful comments. I hope I get all the lingo correct.

Paradise 2/4 - Full table
I, gleather, am Middle (UTG+4). Dealt 2s 5s
I anticipated alot of callers and no raise, due to last few hands. Sure enough, 8 people including myself see the flop unraised.
Flop 3d 4h 6s
Imagine my surprise.
SB bets, 2 calls, I raise
1 call after me, SB reraises, I cap, 4 calls.
Turn 3s
Of course, I consider that someone might have 5 7, but I put in the last raise, so I'm staying aggressive and hoping the three helped someone so they go to the river with me.
Checked to me, I bet, 3 callers.
River 9s
Now I'm against a possible backdoor flush draw, and considering the pot, its definitely possible.
Checked to me, I bet, 1 caller.
I'm hoping the caller has trip 3s and not a better flush than mine (notice my straight became a flush).

OK, have at it.

gleather

CrackerZack
02-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Taking the training wheels off or not, 25s in mid position is crap. its crap from anywhere. Post flop is played fine but PF this is an easy fold, and I'm loose PF compared to most here. As for your comment about the 3 helping someone, the only help you hope they got is making a 2nd pair. trips has enough outs to draw at you and with the early action a set isn't unlikely. Post flop play is good though.

Tosh
02-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Fold it preflop.

PokerNoob
02-06-2004, 01:45 PM
I think you need something like 18 callers to make this +EV.

Other than that, played fine. A more interesting problem is if you have this in BB with all those callers and SB bets out. The choice of slowplaying can result in your straight being counterfeited and backdoor flushes getting there.

symphonic
02-06-2004, 01:53 PM
definitely fold preflop

gleather
02-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the honesty. I was hoping it wouldn't be alot of "welcome to the board." That's why I picked this particular hand for my first post.
My 9-high flush paid off. The lone caller had trip threes,
showing 3 7 offsuit.
It was a bad call pre-flop, but like I said, this was a very loose, passive game and I picked the 2 5 suited as an opportunity to advertise cheaply and maybe hit a good flop, which I did. I got some good action for another few rounds, as did the guy who showed 3 7 offsuit. However, he kept playing cards like that whereas I tightened up considerably.

See you at the tables.

bisonbison
02-06-2004, 08:40 PM
I picked the 2 5 suited as an opportunity to advertise cheaply and maybe hit a good flop.

Do not advertise at low limits. No one cares enough to notice.

Don't make excuses for playing suited trash.