PDA

View Full Version : Four Board Flush Question

37offsuit
02-06-2004, 09:39 AM
I have 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB. A throw away hand.

3 limpers to the SB, SB completes and I check.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Ok, so I've flopped the flush. SB checks, I bet, one limper calls, SB folds. Heads up.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet. Limper raises...

What do you do here?

Nottom
02-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Looks like its time to lay down, very very few people would bluff into a board like that, and I doubt he's raising you with the 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

37offsuit
02-06-2004, 10:31 AM
I did lay it down and asked him if he had it as I mucked. He wouldn't tell me (I wouldn't have told him either, but sometimes people will and will even show if you hit them at the right time).

I'm not sure about my turn decision. I'm pretty sure it was the right move, considering if I check and then he bets, I'm showing weakness and so I would expect him to bet if he has it or not. I guess there's no way to save that one turn bet regardless.

Joe Tall
02-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Fold.

Bad turn card, shizzit happens.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bernie
02-06-2004, 11:10 AM
depends on the opponent. is he capable of making a move here? has he overplayed a non flush hand in this spot before? overplayed a smaller flush here? (though your flush is pretty low) would he only bet here with a high(er) flush card?

note that someone making a move here with a lesser hand is usually the exception. they usually will have you beat.

know your players. it makes the decision much easier.

b

chesspain
02-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I'ld probably fold like a cheap suit. It would take big balls for someone to raise you heads-up here without at least the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

PokerNoob
02-06-2004, 02:03 PM
I dunno. Heads up its easier to believe that the other player doesn't even have a diamond much less a flopped flush on a fourflush board, and when your top pair hits a bet seems in order. I've seen stabs made at pots like this before. Maybe limper has KQ and just can't resist. Pot's not big enough to worry about though. Fold.