PDA

View Full Version : Hand #8 -Guy raises All In PF. Flat call or raise?

Trix
02-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is CO

MP3 raises(all-in), Hero 3-bets, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds

Flop(9 SB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls

Turn(5.5 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

River(7.5 BB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

bakku
02-06-2004, 10:20 AM
i think you already know the answer to this one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trix
02-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I mean preflop in case you wondered...
Not sure if its better to flat call to let the blinds in or just raise and make it heads up against a guy with no stack.

bakku
02-06-2004, 10:50 AM
yea, i know you meant PF, sorry i didn't elaborate..i would raise it to get crap like A7o or K8o out. you don't want them to catch an A or K and beat out your QQ

chesspain
02-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Trix,

Come on! Don't tell me that you even think about viewing QQ as a "need to catch a set" pair? Be grateful that all-in guy raised, quite possibly with crap, so that you can hopefully clear out the rest of the field and go heads-up against whatever garbage with which he wanted to make his final stand at this table.

Trix
02-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Ofcourse not, I was pretty sure I was far ahead of that guy, Bet was wondering if it was more EV to flat call and have blinds call with shitty hands...
ofc its better if the call 3 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HajiShirazu
02-06-2004, 02:28 PM
I have been in this situation before, and I would 3-bet with more hands, not less. It is almost always better if the blinds fold, unless they would call your raise with a pair or two cards under Q. Even then, it is close. With AA you would always want as many callers as possible, and you might consider just calling, but you would probably still make more money 3-betting, since many on party will never fold their blind to any number of bets.