PDA

View Full Version : Hand #4 -Flopping Boat

Trix
02-06-2004, 05:10 AM
Not that interesting. But would you check through?

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP2

EP1 limps, MP1 limps, Hero limps, MP3 limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 folds, MP1 folds

jonahmavesin
02-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Hope you're sick of me by now. But not sure how many others are up, so I thought I'd "give you some action" on your posts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not sure I love this limp. In MP, I like ATo a lot more as an open raise. If those EP folks are tight, I might fold it.

As for how to deal with the scary flop that hits you like a ton of bricks... I actually had two hands tonight like this - flopped quads twice, once with three on board. Once, I checked around twice I think and it turned out two other guys were slowplaying trips, so I had lots of money to be made that I left on the table. The second time, I bet out with that in mind and folded the lot of them. It's a crap shoot. I have generally come to the decision that it's usually worth a bet on the flop. Anyone who is folding to one bet on that board, and who wouldn't put you on a bluff at all, isn't going to improve on the turn enough to pay you off a lot. Those that will, should call. So when the table folds, I assume there wasn't much money to be made anyway by slowplaying. Whereas when you bet out, you always have that possibility of setting off a profitable raising war, ideally with callers trapped in between!

Trix
02-06-2004, 05:42 AM
No no, not sick of you at all /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
its good to get some action ~~
how can they let my down, they usually call with backdoor baby flushes.
I think ill post some more hands...hehe...its a while since I´ve read through my mail. Have histories for a week or so.
Its actually morning here /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Been playing the last 6 hours with some breaks. Up a little more than 100BBs single tabling .5/1 in that time /images/graemlins/grin.gif