View Full Version : Bubble call

kingstalker
02-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Pokerstars 3+0 satellite to 200+15
I have 28000 in chips
Blinds 2000/4000 with 200 ante
31 players left, top 25 get a entry, 26th 97 dollars
I am dealt 8-8 in LP
One player goes all in for 20,000,I thought about it for awhile and called,He has A-Q and hits the queen on the flop.
Should I folded 8-8 here and attempted to wait for a better opprutiuity or was my call correct? I didnt think I had enough chips to fold my way into the money because the blinds were about to go up to 3000/6000 and everybody was playing super tight.I didnt figure my opponet needed a big hand to go all in with since he was also on the shortstack, still though was this a easy fold?

kerssens
02-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Not an easy fold...depends on the opponent...you were relatively short stacked so you were going to have to make a move at some point anyways

ravenight
02-06-2004, 02:02 PM
This close to the money, it seems better to be open-raising or folding, unless you have aces or kings. Anything the guy has is going to be 50-50 against your 8s (unless you think he would do this only with a pair or AK, and even then the odds are good that you're in trouble).

wayabvpar
02-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Unless I had a good read on the raiser (some players go all in for no apparent reason A LOT), I would lay these down and wait for a better spot. If you can steal one or two sets of blinds, you can probably cruise to the money.

Sunglasses
02-06-2004, 04:04 PM
I think you should fold here

Scooterdoo
02-06-2004, 06:33 PM
I assume you're at a full table so you still have a few orbits left with plenty of hands to either wait it out to get into the money (you might not even need to play a hand) or wait until you have a real hand or steal some blinds so that you can survive another orbit. You might even survive another orbit or two because everyone folds to your BB.

With your call you are either way behind, even money or way ahead. You're only way ahead if your opponent has a smaller pair, so it's likely that you're either way behind or even money. You don't need to take this chance right now given how close you are to winning. If you get desperate -- and you have more time to decide -- much better to be the one doing the pushing and trying to steal the blinds and whatever else is in the pot preflop with a hand like Ax, KQ or any pair.