PDA

View Full Version : Let him take control of my TPTK... How weak?

jonahmavesin
02-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed). BB is relatively loose. No read on MP3, unfortunately.
Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP1

Hero open raises, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls

Flop(8 SB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, SB folds, BB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, BB calls, Hero calls

Turn(10 BB): 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets, BB calls, Hero calls

River(13 BB): J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks

I think in retrospect I should have led out on the turn, and then called down to a raise. If called, led out again on the river. I was really surprised when he capped the flop, I think it froze me up.

Is that right? How else did I screw this up?

Anyway, results in white: <font color="white">BB shows Qd5h, MP3 shows Qh7h. Maniacs.</font>

crockpot
02-06-2004, 02:34 AM
i don't like pushing this hand any more than you already have. first of all, MP3 will probably bet no matter what here. anyone aggressive enough to four-bet with a hand like KJ is probably going to bet the turn anyway, a flush draw just completed his hand, and of course he'll bet again with a pair. so checking is very unlikely to give anyone a free card. and after being capped on the flop i don't think my chances of having the best hand are high enough to get in a turn raise for value.

also, if SB has a flush (or a 3, god forbid), you would rather find out by having MP bet and get raised than getting your own bet raised.

HajiShirazu
02-06-2004, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I don't think you can expect to be ahead after the cap against reasonable opponents when the flush card hits on the turn. Then again, we have all seen some interesting things at the party tables.