PDA

View Full Version : QQQ on a broadway board - The "New TV" dilemma

James282
02-05-2004, 10:54 PM
QQ UTG. Here's a note, I have been running well and absolutely crushing this 5/10 6 max table. I laid down KK for one bet on an A high board and the guy had A2, and have gone 4 bets with the nuts on the turn and river in 2 of the last 4 or 5 orbits. I'm in the poker zone, as they say, and the table is resenting it.

Anyways I raise my black queens right through the roof. UTG + 1 Calls, a guy that I crunched 3 bets, only 1 guy folds and I cap it. 5 to a Kh Qh Js flop. No time to waste. I bet out, guy to my right raises, 3 bettor cold calls, as do the other two dummies and I send it back up. My friend caps and everyone goes to the turn for 4 bets. Turn comes a disgusting Ac. Checked to me and I bet again, now the preflop raiser raises and we lose 1 and I just have to call because I believe I have outs and I could even still be leading with this crowd. Now the hand gets interesting - and something happens that wouldn't happen live.

River is an off suit 4. It's checked to the preflop raiser and he bets, but he only has 1.5 dollars! I had thought about folding but now I realize that this could be some desperation jamming. SB calls, I call, and now the guy to my right adds in 8.5 more! I say type a swear word into the chat box and call after everybody else does. Thoughts?
-James

stripsqueez
02-05-2004, 11:13 PM
the guy to your right either has a ten that was planning to check raise the river or he reasonably thinks he has the best of the hands that doesnt have a ten - if its the latter then you should raise

your description confuses me about who's who

i love the short stacked players - they are nearly always desperate to lose the last bit they have as quickly as possible

stripsqueez - chickenhawk