PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker is useless

CrisBrown
02-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Hi All,

Okay, I've been using this pos software for three days, and it's a total waste of $55. It doesn't record all the hands I'm dealt, nor even all the hands I've played. I've had AA twice today, and KK once, and 23o at least three times (coz I folded the same two cards three hands running) and PokerTracker doesn't even show that I've ever been dealt those hands. I've requested the hand histories, and read them over, and the hands are in there. But when PokerStars imports those hand histories, it doesn't seem to catch most of them.

So, sign me up for those who say PokerTracker is a waste.

Cris

MicroBob
02-05-2004, 11:09 PM
you're not doing something right i suspect.
i only got it a c ouple weeks ago so i'm no expert (but i do totally love it).

on the specific hands part on the first page you may be just looking at how many times you got each hand at a certain blind-level.
if the 15/30 blind-level is highlighted, then you are just seeing the hands that you got at that level.

CrisBrown
02-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Hi All,

Belay my last. Apparently this was an ID-10-T problem, related to the PEBKAC driver. I've sorted it out.

Cris

CrisBrown
02-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi micro,

Yes, I'd discovered that just a few minutes ago. Thus an ID-10-T (IDIOT) problem related to the PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair) driver.

Cris

CrisBrown
02-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Hi All,

Right now, I'm filtering for "Put Money In" because I really don't care about the statistics for how many trash hands I fold. Do y'all usually do that? And may I assume that this filter includes all of your blind hands, even if you don't call?

Also, I've read that I shouldn't put any stock in the hand statistics until I have 1000+ hands in. Is that hands I've put money into, or just hands I've been dealt?

Cris

Bluff1
02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
How do I get p tracker and who do I use it?

CrisBrown
02-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Hiya Bluff1,

http://www.pokertracker.com

Cris

X-Calibre
02-06-2004, 01:08 AM
generally poker tracker will filter down to money voluntarily put into the pot, so it will exclude the BB.

Though technically you can fold the BB /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CrisBrown
02-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi X-Calibre,

So if I filter for that, I'm only looking at the hands where I've either completed from the SB, checked along in the BB (if not raised), and hands out of the blinds where I played? In short, the hands I chose to play, plus the BB hands I got into for free?

If so, that's very useful. As I said, I really don't care about statistics for the garbage hands I fold.

Cris

CrisBrown
02-06-2004, 01:39 AM
Hi All,

Sorry. Just playing with the new toy. I like the hand replay function. Excellent for seeing where I called with (or against) the pot odds, and also excellent for tracking how opponents play different kinds of hands.

Sheesh, between here and PokerTracker, I won't have any time to actually play! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cris

Bluff1
02-06-2004, 01:49 AM
If I buy it can I down load it to two computers?

SossMan
02-06-2004, 02:24 AM
Do they make a 2+2 "Post Tracker"? Will it show me how many threads I've started vs. how many of my posts are blatent attempts to get my post statistics up to "addict" level? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MicroBob
02-06-2004, 02:54 AM
p-tracker pat has said he will happily provide codes for you to download it to two computers if you play on two different computers.

VP$IP means VOLUNTARILY.
the big-blind i guess being INVOLUNTARILY (unless you call a raise).
this also inclueds hands where you may have bet but then been raised out of the hand pre-flop. this is how it differs from %-seeing the flop.
there are times when you actually did put $$ into the pot but still didn't see the pot....especially in NL SNG's obviously.

i really haven't analyzed my SNG stats that much even though i've been playing more of those lately. but i find p-tracker incredibly valuable for evaluating my ring-game play.

glad you're digging it a bit more Cris.
you should have got it on Jan 31 before the price went up....but i still think it's a terrific buy at $55, it's just a better buy at $40.

Huskiez
02-06-2004, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So if I filter for that, I'm only looking at the hands where I've either completed from the SB, checked along in the BB (if not raised), and hands out of the blinds where I played? In short, the hands I chose to play, plus the BB hands I got into for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a minor comment. The VPT$IP does not include big blind hands that you checked to the flop (as you didn't put any tournament money voluntarily in the pot). I do believe it includes small blinds you completed though.

CrisBrown
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Kiss my ass, sossman. It's not like your posts will live forever in the annals of poker literature either. If you don't like what I write, skip over it.

Cris

William
02-06-2004, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they make a 2+2 "Post Tracker"? Will it show me how many threads I've started vs. how many of my posts are blatent attempts to get my post statistics up to "addict" level? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif