PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say hi

sammiK7os
02-05-2004, 09:36 PM
I have been a long time lurker on these boards and think they are excellent, reading these posts have really improved my game.
Any way - just wanted to say hi before i (hopefully) start becomming more involved.
My story is i got into poker about two years ago through a friend here in the uk who is a very good tournament player. I started with freeplay on pokerstars, then moved up to playing $1/2 limit at VC and Ladbrooks. I did this as they were the only sites that accepted switch cards. I have since got a Visa card and discovered the joys of Party Poker. I still play $1/2 limit and bank around $100 a week from the internet.
My question is realy a bankroll question, as i only have a part-time job i am constantly banking money and keep my bankroll at $400. I would now like to advance to higher limits. Does anyone have any tips for doing this (what size bankroll should i have for $2/4 limit and when should i cash out etc). I have quite a big library of poker books and have just got poker tracker, but i was also wondering if anyone has any other advice on studing the game and advancing to higher levels.

Thanks.

Christoferj
02-05-2004, 11:40 PM
if you wanna avdvance to other lvls dont cash out anything you will need it.

brian0729
02-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Howdy, generally you will see recomendations on this board for bankrolls of 150 to 300BB's for a level. If you do a search for bankrolls. Im sure you will find more than you can read. Welcome to the unlurker status. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

uuDevil
02-06-2004, 01:59 AM
Mason Malmuth covers bankroll issues and moving up fairly thoroughly in his book "Gambling Theory and Other Topics." It's a more subtle question than you might guess. I highly recommend the book, but you can probably find his advice posted here somewhere if you do a search. Welcome to the forum, but watch out-- once you start posting, it's kind of addictive.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif