PDA

View Full Version : 44 3 overcards 2 weak players

Allan
02-05-2004, 08:28 PM
I played this hand today and thought I'd post it and see what people thought.

I'm in the BB with 44 the button open limped and the SB has raised.

The button is a weak player who open limped. He's loose and passive and an all around mediocre player.

The SB is equally bad but in a different way. This player has no logical basis for his play. Plays lots of hands. Raises if he feels like it preflop, bluffs in family pots that will get called down. never really aggressive post flop though. An early hand featured me with top TPTK in a pot I raised preflop then this player betting into me on the flop and turn which I raised both times then check calling with middle pair 3 kicker. So while I considered 3 betting here just cause sb can have any and I mean any 2 I know the button is gonna call and I figure he's predicatble anyway so it might help me play the hand if I'm not driving the action.

So the flop comes:

A78r bet call call and I'm pretty much done with the hand now that the button has called.

turn is a 9 and sb checks confirming that I have her beat I check button bets and fold fold.

Any comments.....

Allan

Mike Gallo
02-05-2004, 09:23 PM
I think you played the hand fine.

I agree with all streets. You could have even raised the flop.

Allan
02-05-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm glad that you thought it was a decent line. It's just an uncomfortable situation being stuck in the middle. I think a flop raise is actually wrong here, against these opponents. I get the same info I need from calling for half the price of raising. If I do raise the other thing I give up is the sb remaining in the drivers seat on the turn. I can gain info from the bet or check that takes place as well as leaving myself more options than just bet. Anyway hope this makes sense...it helped me in typing it out....

Allan

Mike Gallo
02-05-2004, 11:23 PM
It's just an uncomfortable situation being stuck in the middle.

The discomfort would turn to joy if you turned a set /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I think a flop raise is actually wrong here, against these opponents.

I would agree. If both had weak tendencies than you could raise.