PDA

View Full Version : literal dead money cashing in on a sng

MadSci
02-05-2004, 07:38 PM
I just played an amusing sng (party, $11). With 5 players left, a small stack went all in, called by another short stack. The largest stack, about 3500, had min-raised utg. (he had been wildly aggressive up to that point) He picked that exact point to get disconnected. One of the short stacks won, eliminating the other.

From that point on, I seemed to be the only player who wanted to steal blinds, even with the incentive of the ungarded blinds. I got to the majority of the chips over a longish grind, and eventually took 1st. The funny part: THE DISCONNECTED GUY TOOK 3RD! It wasn't through a quick confrontation, either, the player to the disconnects left simply got ground down, despite the extra chips released into the pots.

It should be said that I had the advantage of sitting on the right of the disconnected player, but time after time I was left alone with him.

TheGrifter
02-05-2004, 08:05 PM
When I used to play party SnG's I had a bad connection and out of 7 or 8 times that I got disconnected in the first level and couldn't get back I finished in the money three times. Just goes to show that it's almost impossible to be too tight in these things.

krazyace5
02-06-2004, 02:33 AM
I was in one and the same thing happened, 4 or 5 of us left, the chip leader disconnected and never came back,
got down to mr disconnect and me and 1 other guy, this guy coulda took me out plenty of times but was cool enough to let me get 2nd after mr disconnect got blinded out.

eastbay
02-06-2004, 03:04 AM
I won a disconnected 3rd after doubling up on the 1st hand of a SnG once, and immediately falling victim to a blackout.

eastbay