PDA

View Full Version : Check raise the river in the BB?

Guido
02-05-2004, 07:14 PM
I only played for about half an hour or so and had a big rush. I don't like my play in this hand.

Paradise 2/4 full table. I have K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB. UTG + 2 is an ace chaser and I don't know much else. He is my opponent and limps as does a MP, I check.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet out, UTG + 1 raises, MP folds, I call.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG + 1 bets, I call.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check-call /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I guess I was too busy keeping the money I had already won. After that round I took a break...

1 Should I bet the flop?
2 Should I call the raise?
3 If I don't bet the flop, should I call a bet?
4 Should I call the turn bet?
5 Should I check-raise the river or bet out or check-call?

I think I should check-call the flop and turn and check-raise the river. But I'm not sure, what do you think?

Huskiez
02-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I agree with your post hand analysis. I probably would have check called the flop and turn, and check raised the river. Though he might be semi-bluffing on the flop with a flush draw, I would expect him to check on the turn for the free river. If he has 89, you'll have to pay him off as you were pretty much drawing dead then, but he probably wouldn't raise the flop with the made straight. Very likely you have the best hand here.

Nate tha' Great
02-05-2004, 07:59 PM
I prefer betting out on the river. A lot of opponents will take a free showdown if a completed draw comes on the board. OTOH, betting out is cheaper than check raising (and being 3-bet) in the event that he does have a flush.

Guido
02-05-2004, 09:01 PM
He had clicked the auto bet/raise on the flop and turn... I was almost sure he would do that on the river too.

Nate tha' Great
02-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Anyone who uses autobet is a moron, so I think this swings it to a check-raise. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif