PDA

View Full Version : Didn't he make a bad call?

MarcoPolo
02-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I apologize for the formatting of the hand, I looked for that document on tips on posting but couldn't find it. If anyone has the link, I'd appreciate it.

Live. 3 handed. $4/$8.
Stacks are all relatively the same. BB has slightly more chips than me

MarcoPolo is the small blind and is dealt AA (Suit doesn't matter in this hand)

Button folds
MarcoPolo raises to $20
BB calls

Flop is [A 3 10]

MarcoPolo checks
BB bets
MarcoPolo raises all in with $50
BB pauses for a while and then calls

BB has JK, inside straight draw

Turn is a Q [A 3 10]
River is a 6 [Q A 3 10]

BB wins with a straight over my 3 aces

Bad beat?

BaronVonCP
02-05-2004, 06:39 PM

Lori
02-05-2004, 06:47 PM
I hate saying this to a first timer.

Your post is fine, but you would be better served copy/pasting it into the No-Limit forum.

For what it's worth, I think his call is bad at best and awful at worst.

Edit: I also think you played this rather well.

Lori

MarcoPolo
02-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Maybe I'm figuring this out wrong.

The pot as at $40 preflop.
Before he calls my all-in, there is $130 in the pot. He calls with $50. My calculations of the pot odds in this case is he is betting $50 to win $130. That's roughly 1 in 2.5. He had no hand other than a possible inside straight draw with 4 outs. Isn't that 1 in 12 or so?

In calculating the odds, do I need to include the $20 he already put in the pot after I checked?

I probably screwed this up too.

Did I make the bad all in bet?

Lori
02-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Remember that he doesn't know he only has four outs, in a short handed game like that, he may have figured his K or T might also be good, giving him 10 outs and a call.

Lori

LetsRock
02-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Lori's right, this belongs in the NL forum. You should also make it clear that it's a NL hand (I was confused for a while)

Your opponent did not have anywhere near the correct odds to make this call. Unless his flop bet was $41 or more, he's getting far less than the 10:1 for a gutshot draw. (if his flop bet was say $10 he's getting 5:2 to make the call).

Don't you just love this game!

Welcome to the forum.

bernie
02-05-2004, 08:21 PM
you didnt want him to fold, did you?

b