PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 Party: 2 slow played AA hands

nykenny
02-05-2004, 03:22 PM
game:
15-30 hold'em ring game on party poker at 11:00PM on a weekday. little tight, somewhat aggressive.

hand 1:
AA in CO. EP open raises and folds to me. I have a distinct feeling that if I 3 bet, everyone is going to fold and i will be heads up with EP. I call and SB calls and BB 3 bet and EP caps and I call.

Flop is 866 2 tone. SB checks, BB bets, EP calls, i raise. SB folds, BB calls, EP calls.

Turn was a blank, BB bets, EP calls, i raise and all call.

River was a blank, BB bets, EP calls, i raise and all call.

did i win? what did BB have?

hand 2:
AA in SB. MP open raises and folds to me. i decide to just call because the game is little tight and people are not too out-of-line. BB calls.

Flop is 777. I bet. BB folds. MP raises, i raise, MP caps.

Turn was a low blank. I check, MP bets, I raise, MP calls.

River was a Q. I bet, MP calls.

anyone plays differently, especially before and on the flop?

Kenny

Manzanita
02-05-2004, 06:39 PM
NYKenny,

In the first hand I would usually raise preflop in this situation, but a lot depends on who is in the blinds (how loose they are as well as how well they play). But you were there and probably made the best decision.

did i win? what did BB have?
Given how the hand played out it looks likely that you all had big pocket pairs. I'll guess that the BB had KK and EP had QQ.

Regarding the second hand I think that you played it very well.

-- Manzanita

Richie Rich
02-05-2004, 07:48 PM
In the first hand, smells like BB has KK/QQ.
In the second hand, MP has JJ.

nykenny
02-05-2004, 09:30 PM
first hand, the BB also had AA so we chopped /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kenny

Ulysses
02-05-2004, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, that was my guess.

nykenny
02-05-2004, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, that was my guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
what's funnier is that i'd play EXACTLY the same way if i had a trip... lucky BB.. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kenny

Trix
02-06-2004, 12:56 AM
hand1) I dont understand why you dont 3Bet since when you just call BB can call getting 5:1 with much stuff. So you can never know if he made trips if flop comes something raggish.

Hand2) Think its the same problem if BB calls. If he folds or raise its nice though. Just dont know if its nice enough.
If I was in the BB instead of the SB then I would just call though.
If you still think it was good, I´m sure you can explain why /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nykenny
02-06-2004, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand2) Think its the same problem if BB calls. If he folds or raise its nice though. Just dont know if its nice enough.
If I was in the BB instead of the SB then I would just call though.
If you still think it was good, I´m sure you can explain why /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
i wanted to deceive the aggressor, becasue the game is kind straight then. if i over power him, he might drop on flop if he didn't have a premium holding. and no, i did not mind the BB coming along at all. I had the nuts, remember?

Kenny

Trix
02-06-2004, 01:24 AM
So because you had the nuts, you dont mind giving BB on his call 5:1 ?
Will the extra bets gained make up for the ones you loose whenever you let someone with a small-medium PP in and he flops a Set ?
Do you coldcall often from the SB ? Do they guy know anything about this ?

nykenny
02-06-2004, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So because you had the nuts, you dont mind giving BB on his call 5:1 ?

[/ QUOTE ]
i normally don't mind if it's just 3 way. if there are more people, i'd raise. again, if BB is the kinda that likes to cold call with bad hands, then i'd raise.
[ QUOTE ]
Will the extra bets gained make up for the ones you loose whenever you let someone with a small-medium PP in and he flops a Set ?

[/ QUOTE ]
calling with a small pair getting 5:1 is still a mistake here. so i don't mind either.
[ QUOTE ]
Do you coldcall often from the SB ? Do they guy know anything about this ?

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't cold-call often from ANYWHERE. but i also don't always reraise (is this bad English?)...

Kenny

Trix
02-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Its 7.5:1 for flopping a Set right?
Dont you think his implide odds would be good enough for this ?
As for the english, how should I know, I´m danish, mine is probably worse.
I´m still not convinced though.

nykenny
02-06-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its 7.5:1 for flopping a Set right?
Dont you think his implide odds would be good enough for this ?
As for the english, how should I know, I´m danish, mine is probably worse.
I´m still not convinced though.

[/ QUOTE ]
not trying to convince you to cold-call in SB with AA all the time, because i don't.

Kenny