PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Nut flush Draw in EP

WalleyeJason
02-05-2004, 03:04 PM
PArty NL100

Im in EP say in BB and get A7c

theres 3 limpers and a Min raiser in LP.

We all call $19.00 in the pot

The flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

Whats your standard play here?

WJ

tewall
02-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Check and see what develops. See if it looks like you have odds to continue when it gets back to you.

Depending on the players, betting might be O.K., if you can take down the pot a siginificant amount of the time by firing a couple of barrels.

In the right situation, checking with the inention of raising can be good too. Like if the min-raise guy will autobet if it's checked to him. You don't want the stacks to be too large if you make this play. The advantage of playing for a c/r is you don't mind if it gets checked around, and if you do c/r you get your money in when your hand is at its strongest, with two cards to come. You're hoping to take it down right away, and if not fall back on your outs, so there should be a good chance the c/r will win right away to make the play.

kerssens
02-05-2004, 04:40 PM
First of all....Hawks in Super Bowl '05!!! Anyways, I agree with Tewell but if I came across this situation I'd probably make a strong bet, I don't figure the LP raiser to be too strong and you might be able to take the pot down right then, especially if your bets get respect.

tewall
02-05-2004, 04:44 PM
I don't think this is a good idea in general, but could be in specific circumstances. The problem is, many players play too passively and call too much, so if you bet when they are ahead, you just make money for them.

The Dude
02-05-2004, 05:34 PM
If the table is aggressive in nature, I certainly won't bet out here. Worst case scenario is you bet strong, get raised by someone holding a K, everyone else folds. You can't re-raise, and you're paying too much to draw to your flush.

If the table is passive, betting may be a vey good idea. You will get better Aces to fold here very often (which potentially gives you three more outs), and as long as you get two callers, you're making money on the bet. Plus, you hand is now somewhat disguised when your flush card comes. Even another benefit of betting out with a good draw is that people will notice and be more likely to call your bets when you have AK here.

Checking with the intention of raising can be a very effective play if the stack sizes are right. I generally won't do it if a re-raise can push me out of the pot, or if my opponents have few enough chips they are already close to being pot-committed.